Hey all,

I'm kind of new to the whole recording business, but instead of buying me a USB interface, I'm thinking of buying this. That combined with a Shure SM58. I searchbarred but couldn't really find any review of it.
Basically, it's a cable which eliminates the need for a USB-interface.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Last edited by Kneusje at Jan 3, 2010,
O.k i have relatively limited experience with this but the absence of a preamp may effect your sound quality. Just a thought.

edit: If I am wrong about this, please correct me.
Quote by phlip999
Armstrong to moon bass.
Sorry.

Quote by 0RI0N
I just glanced and thought his name was tampon.

Last edited by treepoop at Jan 2, 2010,
Quote by treepoop
O.k i have relatively limited experience with this but the absence of a preamp may effect your sound quality. Just a thought.

edit: If I am wrong about this, please correct me.

Dynamic mics don't necessarily need pres (though it can help), the biggest concern with that would be the extreme likelihood of it having a really shitty A/D converter.

EDIT yeah it runs at 16/44.1 that's not good.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 2, 2010,
Just buy an interface. They won't cost you much more than what you're already looking at and will sound much better.

Cheap cables are great but they don't provide a long term solution.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Alright thanks all, I'll just go with a cheap interface
Military use of children?

Infantry.
Quote by muckypup
Well I have the ALesis Guitarlink and I get a hell of a lot of noise from it, now that I have Waves Z-Noise plugin though, that has killed the noise!

Kinda ironic considering your band name.

Really though, you can't polish a turd - it may cut the frequencies that are producing the most noise, but it's also going to drop a load of (probably fairly important) frequencies from your guitar recording. If you don't get a clean & reasonably noise free recording at source, you really limit how much you can do with it later.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Haha, I wish I had chosen a better band name when I made all the profiles everywhere for it!

With the Waves Z-Noise plugin though, it works different to other noise removal software, Its really ****ing good! I'll post a sample with out and then one with it so you can hear the difference it makes.