This is my first time posting on this site, although I have used the site for quite some time. I hope this is the right place to post this, if not my appologies and please tell me where to post it.

My issue is regarding my Line 6 Spider II (15 watts) amp. I somehow managed to break off the jack for my headphones in the "phones/record out" input. A small piece is still stuck in there. I have tried tweezers and even a screwdriver to try and remove it but I don't want to do any more damage than I have already done.

Does anyone have any helpful tips on how to remove the piece? Even if it means the headphone jack will not be able to be used, but I can still use the amp itself?

Thank you in advance

guitardude81
hey there
I had this same problem but with the guitar input jack on my 120W spider II! (very much the more important one :P)
I had to take the whole digital box bit out teh back of the amp then open the top.
The jack has sprung loaded bits that hold the jack in the input (like in your guitar) and you need to hold all of these open and just try and tap the bit out the end.
My amp has worked fine then and been gigged with.
If you want a more detailed description of how to do it I can try and post one tomorrow

Hope that helps a bit (Y)
Quote by Titan123
hey there
I had this same problem but with the guitar input jack on my 120W spider II! (very much the more important one :P)
I had to take the whole digital box bit out teh back of the amp then open the top.
The jack has sprung loaded bits that hold the jack in the input (like in your guitar) and you need to hold all of these open and just try and tap the bit out the end.
My amp has worked fine then and been gigged with.
If you want a more detailed description of how to do it I can try and post one tomorrow

Hope that helps a bit (Y)

Thanks alot, I will try that out. I sadly have never actually opened up my amp, been playing for 10 years and always just had anything fixed in a store. If you can post a more detalied one when you can, that would be great as I am a noob with the technical aspects of guitar playing. If not thank you anyway for this!

guitardude81
I took it to a shop to start with but they didn't have time to fix but told me rougly what to do.
On my amp there are 4 screws that need an allen key to unscrew at the corners of the front panel. You need to unscrew these and what ever screws maybe on the side and top of the amp holding the whole digital box to the top wooden bit of the amp.
This box thing should then come out the back but the line6 logo on the front gets sort of caught on the speaker board bit.
Once you have the digital bit out (i think you need to "unplug" the speakers and remember which wires go in which speaker) there should be no top to the box so there would be circuit boards with capacitors n shiz all over it.
You need to unscrew the plastic bit on the front of the headphone input so you can push it through the plastic fronting of the digi box.
The sprung loaded bits on the input should then be obvious and then you might need to get a friend to help you hold them all down at teh same time so you can tap the bit you have stuck in there out.
I had 2 other people to help me and the amp has worked fine since then!
Hope this is detailed enough!

Titan
Ths happened to my amp on the main inpuit socket.

I am NEVER using a peavey lead again!

My amp actually has a bit that slid OVER it (it usually just holds it in a bit)

I took it to the shop and they had a amp techy disassemble it.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker