Okay so i've had my G400 for some years now, and lately (about 6 months lol, maybe more) my neck pickup has been very unreliable, it sounds as if the signal get's cut out, or there is very weak sound, sometimes zero sound at all. It can work at some occasions, and last for like 15 seconds, but most of the time I avoid switching to it.
Im wondering if the pickup is "dieing" or if some of my cables or equipment is blocking it (If that's even possible).

If someone have some ideas of what this is, I'd appreaciate it!
...What!?
You may have a short in your wiring or a connection has actually come loose. Your best bet is to take it to your local guitar tech / guitar luthier.
I had/have the same problem. I brought it in to a music shop & they replaced one of the vol pots. It worked fine for about 2 days but then the it started cutting out again. I brought it back to the shop and was told something in the wiring wasn't write (the piece he replaced started with a C...) & replaced my tone pot. Everything was fine for about a week then it started cutting out again. I still cant use the neck pickup today. So yea sry i haven't answered your question but would like to see if anyone knew what this problem was.
usually it's the switch.

if you buy a can of compressed air and blow it into the switch while you flick, it'll clear the dust out.

1. pickups almost never die.
2. a can of compressed air is about $3 at staples.
3. epi switches fail to contact, get dirty all the time.
4. if you don't want to blow air into it, for whatever reason,
then open the back cavity, and look to see if there's a wire fell off the switch
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 2, 2010,
have you put the guitar agaisnt your speaker cab or next to it, the reason i ask is magnets actually can die, if they are put to close to a stronger magnet, sometimes this happens the magnet loses magnatism and the pickup stops working
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
have you put the guitar agaisnt your speaker cab or next to it, the reason i ask is magnets actually can die, if they are put to close to a stronger magnet, sometimes this happens the magnet loses magnatism and the pickup stops working

gah.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
It's probably a loose wire connection or cold solder joint causing this, either on the pickup switch (likely candidate), or the pot itself. If you know how to solder well, it's an easy fix, otherwise, take it to a tech, it won't cost that much to have fixed.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
Yh, it is most probably the switch, I had the same problem
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly