I'm looking for an EQ and I see the boss GE-7 For 99.99 but is it really a huge difference from the fish and chips for 40 to justify the price?

Also How is the peavey windsor head? I played it and it seems like with a nice OD It could have some awesome tone to it. I play blues and hard rock but not much metal.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
You can find the MXR 10-Band EQ for around $100, so I'd go for that.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
I wouldn't get a boss ge-7 if i was you, get the MXR 10 band eq. If you can't afford that get the 6 band one

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
If you've got the money get the MXR 10-Band, if you haven't got enough money get the Dano Fish N Chips over the MXR 6 band because the Dano has the extra level slider, and if you're a gigging musician you could buy a metal enclosure and put the internals of the F&C in that. and wire a 3PDT switch to it
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
and any experiences with the Peavey Windsor here?
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Quote by matt s
and any experiences with the Peavey Windsor here?

Well if you like it then I say go for it, but I'd play the field a little first. There are some pretty good amps for the same price range that can do what you want.

Bugera V series
Jet City JCA20
Blackheart amps
Epiphone Valve Sr.
Used Peavey Classic 30
Fender Super Champ
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44

Bugera V series
Jet City JCA20
Blackheart amps
Epiphone Valve Sr.
Used Peavey Classic 30
Fender Super Champ

do it do it do it

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
well I can acctaully spend about 800 USD but I was wanting to order a avatar cab. so that left me about 300 for a head. I also need some loud volumes. I would like to try and get over 50 watts. maybe the bugera V55HD? I think the windsor in my local shop is 380? I played for a short time and it seemed nice but didn't know if anyone had experience with it.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
I loved the windsor...I regret selling mine. Didn't realize how much I used it until it was gone. Its got that Marshall crunch...at a fraction of the cost. Cleans are hard to get (NOT impossible). The EQ pedal will help with that. I've tried both EQ's in question as well...the Danelectro is amazing for the price. I'd go for that unless you can score a used MXR 10-band....or a 31-band rack mounted unit
Quote by lkngro
do it or die do it or die do it or die

Fixed.

Seriously, the JCA is absolutely amazing.

So... Do it or die.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
has there been any word on the JCA100?
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Anyone? Goin to buy my amp tomorrow. If I were to go with a 20w Jet City would the 140W cab be too many watts?
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000