okay so I want your opinion on wich one of these axes should be my next guitar
(I currently have a ibanez prestige s2170fw)

Slash Epiphone goldtop

Dean Cemetary Gates (or Explosion or Slime bumblebee, I don't know wicth is better)

Gretsch Hollowbody G5120‏

(my current dream guitar is a PRS Hollowbody II, put thats over my budget for now)

So thats pretty much it, I play rock, metal, and blues if that is of any help.

Thank you
all the guitars you've listed play one of the genres perfectly i wouldn't get either of them, look at an ibanez rg, or an esp ec-1000 with duncans
if your budget is that high i would look into some other guitars. perhaps a Jackson with EMG's or just a higher quality Jackson in general. maybe one of the soloist's.

out of those three i would chose the goldtop, its classic. more or less. also les pauls sound great it should have good tone to play whatever
the Wangcaster.......

Joke! I would say you need to say what genre you mostly play cause alot of guitars are better for certain genres then others, except a Les Paul, they seem to be universal but they were invented by a great man so that explains why they are great!
Gibson Les Paul Custom (Aged White)
Custom Kramer Baretta
Custom Fender Strat
Epiphone Black Beauty
Epiphone AJ
Marshall JCM900 4201
Blackheart Little Giant
MXR Dist. +
MXR Six Band EQ
MXR Phase 90
Another thing you have to ask yourself is "Do I want a Floyd Rose?" The dean has a floyd rose, but since you have an S series Ibanez, I'm pretty sure you have an Edge tremolo of sorts. So do you want another one?

To be honest I'd pick a Les Paul, but not that stupid Slash gold top. You can buy an Epiphone 1956 Les Paul Gold Top with P90's and swap the pickups for less than that guitar.
thanks alot for your help guys I'm still undecided since the floyd rose is always nice, but its a pain in the a**
i would avoid the gretsch. its an awesome guitar, but it is definately the least versitile of the three (and it hates metal!) due to the hollow body design which is extremely prone to feedback with distortion and the lower output pickups (dont take that to mean bad, they just have a different sound in mind).

My advice would be to go with a very simple guitar like an Epi LP studio. By getting something with a really simple design, youre getting a guitar that has fewer places to cut costs: a sub $700 guitar with a real locking FR trem has made some serious sacrifices that will become aparent after you play for a while. I would get something like the LP studio, which is a well made and comfy guitar, and spend a bit of money to install upper end pickups (a couple choices would be: Duncan JB and 59's, duncan deactivators, rockfield mafia's or EMG Zakk Wyldes). Even though i play the Zakk's in a les paul, they would be my last choice simply because the bridge pickup is a little too upper mid heavy for blues or classic rock
thanks again

I'm still undecided, but just for additionnal info

wich of the razorbacks (slime bee or explosion) you find the best, or is the only real difference the artwork?
Since you've already got the superstrat covered with your current ibanez prestige, I would personally go a totally different direction and get a gretsch. However, since Bigsbys are satanically impossible to keep in tune, and filtertrons are much cooler than regular HBs on a gretsch, I'd get a different model or mod it.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Last edited by Even Bigger D at Jan 4, 2010,
I think I will actually wait to get enough money to buy a PRS Hollowbody II CB, it may take a while but I think it will be worth (if it's not, tell me please don't want to waste that much cash)

Thank you all!
Quote by 999_onyx_999
I think I will actually wait to get enough money to buy a PRS Hollowbody II CB, it may take a while but I think it will be worth (if it's not, tell me please don't want to waste that much cash)

Thank you all!

HBIIs are nice. I ended up getting a Gibson 137 Custom instead the time I tried them, but the HBII was probably #2 on my list.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.