I found a Mark III on craigslist I might want to pick up but I need a cab to go with it. I only want a 2x12 and I don't want to spend much more than $500-600 on it. Versatility is key.
jet city cabs have gotten nothing but good things said about them. orange, marshall, avatar, krank. look for some of those and give them a try.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Lots of different cabs to choose from. Avatar, Splawn, Zilla, Emperor, Orange, Mesa/Boogie, Saxon... all make great cabs. Considering you're in Canada, the Saxon might make the most sense.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I was looking at Avatar and Orange but I don't think I've ever seen an Avatar cab here... ever.
Mesa halfback.

Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
You could try the Marshall 1936 2x12, though orange cabs are great

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by Raijouta
Lots of different cabs to choose from. Avatar, Splawn, Zilla, Emperor, Orange, Mesa/Boogie, Saxon... all make great cabs. Considering you're in Canada, the Saxon might make the most sense.

Saxon would be great if they weren't so damn ugly.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by Avedas
The point is for it not to be huge like x-bawcks.

If you don't want it huge like x-bawcks, put it on its side.

If I'm not mistaken, it's the Mark series cab, so it's bound to be the best match. And they're great, sturdy cabs.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

How are Voltage cabs? I've never heard of them or heard them. I'm pretty interested after browsing the site. I wish they'd list their pricing a bit better though.
Wired by James Peters, amirite?
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

^ Probably, if it's out of Winterpeg.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by no.mop
Wired by James Peters, amirite?
No, that's an incorrect rumor that has been squashed by Steamco Music/Voltage cabs in this thread..
http://guitarscanada.com/showthread.php?t=28586&highlight=steamco&page=4

If you have any questions about pricing or options, just email them. I did and have also spoken with them on the phone, as I'm currently considering placing an order.

As for how they sound, they sound great. (a friend owns one of their 4x12's)
The construction is top notch. Also, they use cabinet grade wood to make their cabs. Where other companies, like Avatar, use regular hardware store/shop grade ply.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Last edited by Van Noord at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by Van Noord
No, that's an incorrect rumor that has been squashed by Steamco Music/Voltage cabs in this thread..
http://guitarscanada.com/showthread.php?t=28586&highlight=steamco&page=4

If you have any questions about pricing or options, just email them. I did and have also spoken with them on the phone, as I'm currently considering placing an order.

As for how they sound, they sound great. (a friend owns one of their 4x12's)
The construction is top notch. Also, they use cabinet grade wood to make their cabs. Where other companies, like Avatar, use regular hardware store/shop grade ply.

He was in fact not part of the design process, he is however currently (no pun intended) wiring up the input panels.

Their cabs look quite promising.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

Quote by no.mop

Their cabs look quite promising.
Sorry, from my understanding this was only during the start up phase....they are now in full production. Also, wiring up a cab isn't really brain surgery, so who does it is really a non issue.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Yeah, I must agree - it seemed like a gimmick selling point to me.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?