I finally got sick of my Valveking breaking (3 times in the first month of ownership). I'm simply not able to take my amp in weekly to get it fixed because of shows and practice schedule. So I went out to G.C. and picked up a B-52 ATX-100. It really blows away the VK. The muddiness is gone. Palm muting sounds fantastic. Two gain channels are great -- I have one set super low for blues and one set at about 12 o'clock for punk. Any higher and you're in metal territory. Every drop of gain on the amp seems to be usable.

The amp also features a mid-cut (you choose how much you want to cut your mids and then you can turn it on and off) which I will probably never use, but some metal guys will love. The resonance feature sees pretty similar to my Valveking. Basically increases low end. Has a great master volume feature too.

This is a very well priced amp. $599 is a steal. I highly recommend it. I'm just hoping it stays reliable for a while.

Why is the effects loop jumped? What does this do?
Jackson DXMG
Charvel
B-52 AT100
Marshall 1960A
Pedals and stuff
HNAD dude
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by El-Gonado
Why is the effects loop jumped? What does this do?

Lots of Valveking owners put a jump cable in the FX loop because it activates the FX loop buffer which adds clarity and level to your signal. I haven't noticed much of a difference if any in this amp, but it was great on my VK.
Funny enough I never noticed a difference with the effects loop jumper on my VK. Maybe it's different on the 100 watt versions?

HNAD, hope this one lasts longer.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Funny enough I never noticed a difference with the effects loop jumper on my VK. Maybe it's different on the 100 watt versions?

HNAD, hope this one lasts longer.

Thanks!

I noticed a large difference with the effect loop thing but no difference with the input dummy jack. Not sure if it's related to it being a head or what. But it didn't seem to do much on the B-52.
HNAD
People sure seem to be enjoying their B52s. Good to see. Nice to see people being able to leave the modelling crap in the shop and walk away with a real amp instead of some virtual computer simulation of an amp. At that price I'm not surprised. Will be interesting to see how reliable they prove to be in the coming years but so far it looks promising. Entry level amps that won't leave you embarrased at the gig. Nice.
Any chance of a guts photo?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
i have a B-52 At112.

Somehow the above comment is relevant to this thread. I haven't figured out how, but i thought i would just put that out there.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.