Today at band practise, i finnally got to use my XXX 212 combo at high volumes, now my band mate has a spidervalve 212, and i prefered the tone i was getting from that then my XXX. same guitar same cable same everything! What am i doing wrong?

Cheers

Josh
Did you dial in a tone that you liked?

Get an EQ pedal.
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
The Spider Valves are very good sounding amps, but the XXX's are as well. Maybe he just EQ's it differently than you do on your XXX...? Or did you use your own settings? I think the only reason you are shocked is because it's a Spider (lolz they r teh sucks). Maybe try the SV out some more for an extended period of time and see if you in fact DO prefer it to your XXX and maybe offer him a trade (or sell it and buy one). They just released the SV Mk II's if I'm not mistaken as well.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by strings21
Today at band practise, i finnally got to use my XXX 212 combo at high volumes, now my band mate has a spidervalve 212, and i prefered the tone i was getting from that then my XXX. same guitar same cable same everything! What am i doing wrong?

Cheers

Josh

then your XXX did what?

Oh, you meant 'than'.
Been in Japan since August, no fucking money left!
i kept messing with it to get the right tone, but im going to try some more, also an EQ pedal which was next on my list anyway. Yea the spider really shocked me, why does everybody seem to hate them?
Quote by strings21
Yea the spider really shocked me, why does everybody seem to hate them?

Because it's the cool thing to do.

I hardly see anyone knocking on the SV's though, great amps. I've always liked all the Spiders though, personally.

EDIT: And do you not like the tones you're getting from your XXX? Or do you just prefer the SV's? If you don't like your XXX at all then I'd just get rid of it all together if you've tried various things to change your tone. I played a 6505+ and an XXX a few days ago. I HATED the 6505+, didn't stay on it too long so I'll give it another chance next time I see one. But I thought the XXX was just phenomenal. ANd if you don't like it then you could give it to me
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jan 2, 2010,
Spider Valves don't get hate, Spider I-IVs do.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
im sure i will get a tone i like out of it with time. Iv not had it that long so iv not had much chance. Yea with the spiders all i can remember is people saying "digital crap" but yea the SV blows the other out the water.