Wondering what the title is talking about? Well, here it goes.

I'm sure you've all heard of natural selection and evolution. The weak or unfit are removed from the gene pool, the others pass on their genes and adapt to the situation.

As part of nature...

It's an effective way of keeping the species in check. Building up immunities and removing faulty genes. For example, bacteria and viruses are a good look into evolution and natural selection. We might be able to wipe out a whole shit load of them, but a few will have resisted. The newer ones will become even more resistant as they continue to repopulate and we continue to weed out the weaker.

But what is this humanity part in the title?

Humans don't follow this rule in nature.

Seriously.

We don't so much as adapt as we... patch up.

Yes, patching up holes.

The weaker/malformed/afflicted are allowed to live their life and to repopulate the human race, passing the defunct gene to newer generations. And what happens when the gene shows up again?

Patch.

And it is passed on again.

Nature is forced to evolve and adapt to us, not the other way around. Humanity is fighting off nature, keeping itself static, leaving nature to have to find a way to make itself right alongside us.

Why is this a problem?

It causes are genes to be really ****ed up.

Our genes are probably the most ****ed up out of every living thing on earth.

Carrying bits and pieces of our ancestors. Carrying every single bad gene they have because they've been allowed to pass it on.

Wouldn't a good fix to many problems in the human genome would be to... simply let nature do away with it?

Instead of "fixing" these problems we should let nature get rid of it entirely.

No.

I'm not proposing a mass genocide or anything.

It's just the human mind and all it's created has really thrown a wrench into the natural workings of things.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Actually, human evolution have moved faster the last hundreds of years than ever.

edit:

Humans have moved into the evolutionary fast lane and are becoming increasingly different, a genetic study suggests.

In the past 5,000 years, genetic change has occurred at a rate roughly 100 times higher than any other period, say scientists in the US.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7132794.stm
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 2, 2010,
I've always felt that humans have been separated from natural selection since the last few hundred years bc of heating, food production, etc.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

And yet here we are. With something called the internet and the ability to manipulate inanimate objects to do whatever we want.

Can the African swallow do that?

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by EuBoat
If the whole mass-genocide thing happens I'll be got rid of

me too.
Been in and out of hospitals since the age of 4.
Nothing wrong with the genes tho. A dog made my mom fall off the stairs in her pregnancy.
Luckly I look perfectly normal and my brain is just fine...I think...
just can't eat normally...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Todd Hart
So you propose we give up on health care?

America did and look how healthy and thi- ah nevermind...
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
So by your logic I a strong male should kill you and spread my seed. Am I right? Cause its not just the handicapped nature passes up on its the weak. So if your some little skinny smart kid your going die to. So I think your girls hot I'm going to kill you and spread my seed.

Its just nature you know.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Quote by NY_FootBall49
So by your logic I a strong male should kill you and spread my seed. Am I right? Cause its not just the handicapped nature passes up on its the weak. So if your some little skinny smart kid your going die to. So I think your girls hot I'm going to kill you and spread my seed.

Sounds good. LET THE KILLIN' BEGIN!

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Kensai
Actually, human evolution have moved faster the last hundreds of years than ever.

edit:

That was a good read.

But that only sorta/kinda is against what I posted.

There are many "bad" genes that we carry just due to the fact that we continually make stuff to support those.

Those with dwarfism are able to live pretty comfortable whereas in nature, those afflicted by that are hastily removed.

We can still "evolve" at a rapid rate as they are going on about in that article but we are still going to be carrying bits and pieces of malfunct genes.

So by your logic I a strong male should kill you and spread my seed. Am I right? Cause its not just the handicapped nature passes up on its the weak. So if your some little skinny smart kid your going die to.So I think your girls hot I'm going to kill you and spread my seed.

Not necessarily what I'm talking about there mate.

Heck I don't want this shit to happen. I was just analyzing(maybe overanalyzing?) something.

Human genes are packing on deformed genes just due to the fact we aren't getting rid of them.

We will always have these problems to deal with because we've allowed these genes to continually carry on.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by Kensai
America did and look how healthy and thi- ah nevermind...

I love you

And please don't let the mass genocide and murder of all those weak and puny begin. I wouldn't the night.
Quote by Todd Hart
I love you

And please don't let the mass genocide and murder of all those weak and puny begin. I wouldn't the night.
You accidentally the verb in your sentence.

stratkat
Quote by Momentosis

Not necessarily what I'm talking about there mate.

Heck I don't want this shit to happen. I was just analyzing(maybe overanalyzing?) something.

Human genes are packing on deformed genes just due to the fact we aren't getting rid of them.

We will always have these problems to deal with because we've allowed these genes to continually carry on.

You can hide behind semantics all you want. The fact is you really don't know what your talking about. The life expectancy is rising and due to the increase of interracial breeding diseases are actually weaker. People are bigger stronger and more athletic then ever.And if you start killing off the weak ( you say you don't want to ) were does it stop. Then why can't I kill you.

This is how Hitler thought.
AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes.

Quote by RU Experienced?
It's comical because you are clearly an average to below-average bear.
Last edited by NY_FootBall49 at Jan 2, 2010,
I say please pass the joint to the nigga on yo' left.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by EuBoat
You accidentally the verb in your sentence.

Oops, yeh, i wouldn't last the night
Quote by Kensai

edit:

OP got told.
also part of our evolution is adapting the environment to ourselves, as opposed to adapting to our environmant. part of that is curing disease.

or those genese can be removed through genetic screening, we already do this for babies who may be born with say inherent heart conditions or cancerous genes.

Those with dwarfism are able to live pretty comfortable whereas in nature, those afflicted by that are hastily removed.

then explain pygmy tribes?
Last edited by imthehitcher at Jan 2, 2010,
Humanity vs. Natural Selection is Liberalism vs. Conservatism.

WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
Quote by Momentosis

It causes are genes to be really ****ed up.

Our genes are probably the most ****ed up out of every living thing on earth.

Actually, our genes are the most advanced out of every living thing on earth.

Quote by zippidyduda
Humanity vs. Natural Selection is Liberalism vs. Conservatism.

Not at all.
im not going to read any of this BS.

All i know is, our time is coming to an end soon (by "soon", i mean a few hundred or few thousand years or even tens of thousands of years from now which is a very short period scientifically).

We are ****ed. No way around it folks.
BLUEGREEN

Quote by sashki
Jazz III. It's not my choice. It's the correct choice.
Quote by WastedxYears
im not going to read any of this BS.

All i know is, our time is coming to an end soon (by "soon", i mean a few hundred or few thousand years or even tens of thousands of years from now which is a very short period scientifically).

We are ****ed. No way around it folks.

How the hell do you know that?