Ok so I've tried to compare the RG3750Z and the RG1550M. All the differences I could find are the neck (Super Wizard and Wizard Prestige respectively), the bridge (Edge Zero and Edge Pro), the fretboard (rosewood and maple), and the pickups (doesn't matter, going to swap anyway). I've heard that the Edge Pro is slightly more comfortable, and the Super Wizard is a little too thin. I could care less about the fretboard, but I love the look of the 3570Z a lot more. Also, my GC only has a 3570Z, so I can't try out the 1550M

So is the "advanced" bridge, thinner neck, and aesthetics worth the extra $600 in YOUR mind?

EDIT: Extra $500
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by stephen_rettie
Better bridge. Get the 550, seriously you will regret the 370 later when you realise to keep it in your 'played guitars' list you're gonna have to swap out the trem.
The edge 3 isnt as bad as people say but it's bad enough that it requires a swap down the line which is a pain in the ass.

Wrong guitar. He's talking about the 1550 (new prestige issue of the 550) and 3750 (also a prestige, meaning it doesn't have an edge 3).

TS, i would suggest trying the two. You may find that you prefer one bridge over the other or one neck over the other.
Quote by stephen_rettie
Better bridge. Get the 550, seriously you will regret the 370 later when you realise to keep it in your 'played guitars' list you're gonna have to swap out the trem.
The edge 3 isnt as bad as people say but it's bad enough that it requires a swap down the line which is a pain in the ass.

Wrong thread?
I'd get the 1550, there isnt much quality difference in them, and I prefer the Edge Pro to the Zero. Plus maple fretboard = instant win.
Quote by stephen_rettie
edit: goodness me jumping to conclusions.

Haha don't worry, just add a few numbers here and there and you'll be fine
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Last edited by bingeandletgo at Jan 2, 2010,