I've come across some attenuators for sale on Ebay. Not brand-name ones, they're ones that people make and I was just curious about them, because my Hot Rod Deluxe is ungoldly loud for bedroom practice, so I figured this may be a cheap solution for me. I'm making a big order online soon and if this turns out to be an 'OK' attenuator, i'll order this too.

I know posting Ebay links is against UG rules, so i'll just quote what the sale thing says.

The Omnisonic is made in the USA of durable, pro-quality materials, including genuine Neutrik 1/4 inch jacks, and is hand-wired. The case is made of very sturdy, ABS plastic in black matte. I've made and sold thousands of these to satisfied customers. If you have any problems with your Omnisonic functioning properly when it arrives, I'll replace it or repair it at no additional charge. I also make and sell the Deluxe Omnisonic Volume Box, which is encased in a metal enclosure and is available in several colors, as well as other custom electronic musical instruments, like the Omnisonic Theremin. Check out my other items!

There's more, but I don't want to bore you guys with a huge wall of text. If you guys want to see the actual add, just type in 'Omnisonic attenuator' on Ebay.

Really what I want to know is, if this will affect the quality of my tone, badly, and if I should stay clear from these.

Thanks
Gear:
-2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-1 mini stack
Bump
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You use the drive on the HRD? Odd.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
You use the drive on the HRD? Odd.

The drive circuit is pretty good for my tastes, but the 'more drive' is just too fuzzy. I also really like the natural breakup of the clean channel, but its too loud at breakup point. I plan on putting in weaker tubes so the amp breaks up quicker aswell.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
So does anyone have an opinion on the attenuator?
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
As far as I know, it wont work as an attenuator... is just a volume pot in a box.
I will work as your master volume because it says it should go in the FX loop (before the power amp).
I hope I explained myself.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Alright, looks like im going to skimp out on this one.

Thanks for the help.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
You could make one of those yourself very cheaply. But they do work allright, you start to get a bit of tone loss after a certain point but it certainly does an okay job.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey