I am doing a job on my stratocaster, i bought it for £25 off a friend and i wanted to get that Single Humbucker look. I wanted to refinish the guitar so i sanded the guitar down using a sander. The guitar is currently unfinished wood and i'm keen to paint it, but i don't want to pay £50 for paint. I saw on another thread that you can use 'Halfords Car Spray Paint' . Has anyone had any experience using the paints? They also sell this 'Clear Laquer'. Has anyone used these products?

Thanks
I haven't used them myself, but yes Halfords paints and laquers are both useable. They're both Acrylic based.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
I would suggest lacquer. I used it and it's great for guitars
Quote by sadSTATUE
Uhmmm... Well, apparently I was mentioned in a thread called "Japan and Lesbians."

Quote by Unknown_Biskit
Try typing "potatoes" with your dick then submit it.

My cover of Manchester Orchestra's "I Can Feel Your Pain"
http://www.mediafire.com/?jfvt54j4mkiiq99
Quote by gatechballer
I would suggest lacquer. I used it and it's great for guitars

where can I get lacquer? The cheapest i've found is £50, If these paints work then why not pay £20?

I could understand for a fender or gibson or PRS but this is only a cheap strat copy.
Buy car spray paint, and car clear coat or lacquer, works like a charm and only cost about €10 each.

Also, use all the same brand to prevent spider cracks.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

I just finished up a guitar and used just spray paint. Gave it a really nice vintage look to it (i reliced it) so it's good if you want to keep it "thin".
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause