Page 1 of 2
Great Avant Garde metal band, with the Rev on vocals. Syn Gates on guitar. And all you A7X haters don't just think that that this band sucks because it has those two members. These guys are great, but pretty far out/abstract. Check em out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-H9mcpAmAA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_7TkV2lBcY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoNQhKmgVRs
Last edited by jacobguitar123 at Jan 2, 2010,
That's the gayest name I've ever heard. One question, who shat into your head to make you think this belongs in the metal forum?
Quote by KreatorRage
That's the gayest name I've ever heard.

maybe cuz it's made by the member of avenged sevenfold... Synyster gates? zacky vengeance? the rev? all fücking gay ass names

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
maybe cuz it's made by the member of avenged sevenfold... Synyster gates? zacky vengeance? the rev? all fücking gay ass names

thankyou
Quote by SPBY

Not to mention the gay ass music.
There's nothing wrong with Pinkly Smooth, or Avenged Sevenfold, or the names of any of it's members. It makes them unique and unlike any other band, and try finding a band with such a crazy name as Pinkly Smooth that doesn't suck
Pinkly Smooth is very weird music, but that's because it came from The Rev, and he makes very quirky songs like A Little Piece of Heaven.
Oh, and RIP Jimmy.
Quote by KreatorRage
Not to mention the gay ass music.

it's common knowledge, at least it is to anyone who can discern good from bad.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY

True.
Quote by KreatorRage
True.

i like people who agree with me Ü

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY

Good and bad are not universal or fact-based. It's all personal preference. If you don't like a band, fine. I don't like A7X or Pinkly Smooth. That doesn't mean they're bad bands.

Also, for those who use the term "gay" to mean anything negative, stop.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by jacobguitar123
What is it then?

Not avant garde nor metal for that matter.
I wouldn't dare to even label this crap.
Quote by jacobguitar123
What is it then?

Dude, don't ask, you're just setting yourself up for sexually insecure elitist a-holes to call it "crap". You should know better.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
Dude, don't ask, you're just setting yourself up for sexually insecure elitist a-holes to call it "crap". You should know better.

The jewish boy is right.
Quote by guitarsftw
Good and bad are not universal or fact-based. It's all personal preference. If you don't like a band, fine. I don't like A7X or Pinkly Smooth. That doesn't mean they're bad bands.

first, yes, good and bad are fact based indeed.
second, yes, they are bad bands. i do think that Synyster gates, no matter how stupid his pseudonym is, is a good guitarist. but the band as a whole, isn't very good.

third, i use gay as a term for stupid, its how i learned it, not as a slight against homosexuals, same with "f.a.g.g.o.t". I don't mean it as a slur, even though it is, i know plenty of homosexual people and have nothing against them, it's just a generic insult that i've learned to use such as dumbass. I apologize if you are homosexual and this offended you, just the way it goes.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
first, yes, good and bad are fact based indeed.
second, yes, they are bad bands. i do think that Synyster gates, no matter how stupid his pseudonym is, is a good guitarist. but the band as a whole, isn't very good.

third, i use gay as a term for stupid, its how i learned it, not as a slight against homosexuals, same with "f.a.g.g.o.t". I don't mean it as a slur, even though it is, i know plenty of homosexual people and have nothing against them, it's just a generic insult that i've learned to use such as dumbass. I apologize if you are homosexual and this offended you, just the way it goes.

1. Good and bad are 100% opinion based. I HATE bananas, does that make them a bad fruit (not talking about nutritional aspects)
2. That is 100% YOUR OPINION. Opinion never = fact.
3. Fine, then enjoy being ignorant.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
1. Good and bad are 100% opinion based. I HATE bananas, does that make them a bad fruit (not talking about nutritional aspects)
2. That is 100% YOUR OPINION. Opinion never = fact.
3. Fine, then enjoy being ignorant.

1. you hating bananas doesn't mean they're bad or good. you're opinion doesn't change the fact that they're good.
2. EDIT: it is my opinion, it just so happens that my opinion coincides with the fact that they aren't very good bands.
3. i shall

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by SPBY
1. you hating bananas doesn't mean they're bad or good. you're opinion doesn't change the fact that they're good.
2. EDIT: it is my opinion, it just so happens that my opinion coincides with the fact that they aren't very good bands.
3. i shall

But who has the authority to say whether bananas are good or bad?
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw

who knows? i dont make the facts, i just know them all.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Quote by guitarsftw

Good and bad = opinion
If there wouldn't be an opinion, no one would know what to think about bananas, so no one labels it, now let this thread die already.
Quote by KreatorRage
Good and bad = opinion
If there wouldn't be an opinion, no one would know what to think about bananas, so no one labels it.

Exactly, and the same goes for music.
Quote by AA00P
I wouldn't call this avant-garde, although it does have some proggish elements to it.

Either way, not very interesting, but it's not completely terrible. The vocals are consistently bad, though.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by guitarsftw

the band name sounds gay, the band members are gay and they come from a gay band, the music sounds gay and anybody that labels this avante-gard metal is gay.
Quote by fumb duck
the band name sounds gay, the band members are gay and they come from a gay band, the music sounds gay and anybody that labels this avante-gard metal is gay.

Wow, you're so cool because you use a term meaning homosexual to imply negativity about a band that you don't like, therefore demeaning the homosexual community. Grow up.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw
Wow, you're so cool because you use a term meaning homosexual to imply negativity about a band that you don't like, therefore demeaning the homosexual community. Grow up.

Sorry J-Flo
Ill use the "correct" meaning for you.

Quote by fumb duck
the band name sounds happy, the band members are happy and they come from a happy band, the music sounds happy and anybody that labels this avante-gard metal is happy.

Fixed
Quote by guitarsftw

Going on the internet and expecting political correctness? Not gonna happen, kike-o.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by MoogleRancha
Dear Satan, you're an irritating little bugger, guitarsftw.

Haha did not mean to be, just two of the most irritating things (to me) became quite prevalent in this thread.
Quote by AA00P
Quote by guitarsftw

Haha, I was just wandering what genre you would call it
Hahahaha, this is about as avant-garde as a radiator that's been turned off.

it's so out there man
Page 1 of 2