So I bought this yamaha EG112 off of my friend whos been playing it for a considerable amount of time (3 years). The pickup switch stopped working and I just got frustrated and opened it up. I did this for multiple reasons (I realize I could have gone down to my local guitar store to get it fixed) I always wanted to see what the inside of a guitar looked like and paying for repairs on this guitar would probably cost more than what I payed for the guitar itself ($50). So I opened it up and found that all the wiring was connected so I removed the pickups and interior wiring. I now have a guitar body. Is it worth trying to fix myself? I thought this would be a pretty cool project. The unfortunate part is I dont know the first thing about fixing guitars. I only have rudementary knowledge of how a guitar works. So I came here UG community.. Should I pick this up as a project? If so where should I start?

Sorry for the wall of text. Here are some pics.

do it do it do it

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Check out the wiring thread. I say make a project out of it.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I would start by putting new pickups in it, as that's always fairly easy and can make a pretty huge difference in sound.
Sam Ash had close-out deals on discontinued pick ups. A set of DiMarzio H-S-S pickups would be about $60. I don't know if they still have this going on, but they ship for free to most U.S. states. Go to www.samash.com and see what they have. I doubt those pickups lasted long. If not, then try to find some decent used pickups, as brand new ones would most likely run you four times as much as what you paid for the guitar.
R.I.P. Paul Gray 04/08/72 - 05/24/10
Only the good die young...
The music may have died but the memories will live on in our hearts forever...
I'm gonna miss you Paul... Maggot for Life...
I have a gutted EG112 laying around too. Great maple neck and solid alder body, makes a great base for a project.

You might find the bills racking up pretty quickly though, so ill suggest getting a good bridge, nut, and tuners, and you can probly go budget on the rest until upgrades make more sense econmically.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Don't do it! I did it once and now I have another 4 sat around in varying stages of undress.
,___,
[O.¬] - WTF?
/)__)
-"--"-
Quote by Fearsomeshoe
The pickup switch stopped working
Quote by Fearsomeshoe
The unfortunate part is I dont know the first thing about fixing guitars. I only have rudementary knowledge of how a guitar works. So I came here UG community.. Should I pick this up as a project? If so where should I start?
1 - buy a multimeter. About $5~10 at a discount tool store.
2 - test your selector switch. if necessary, buy a replacement.
3 - buy a good soldering iron, and the necessary supplies for soldering.
4 - read/post in the Guitar Wiring thread for assistance in rewiring your guitar.
5 - ?????????
6 - PROFIT!!!

The Ultimate Guitar Wiring thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.