I am left handed and I'm kind of a beginner at guitar. I'm learning barre chords atm and I play right handed and my strumming hand is so uncoordinated. What are some exercises I can do to builld it or just improve, because it is really frustrating me.
In what way uncoordinated? The answer is probably: in superslowmotion with full attention on the move(s). It is not the what (exercise), but the how. Now what your hands/fingers gotta do and do it so slow that you can consciously can follow the things happening.
Quote by Christopha
In what way uncoordinated? The answer is probably: in superslowmotion with full attention on the move(s). It is not the what (exercise), but the how. Now what your hands/fingers gotta do and do it so slow that you can consciously can follow the things happening.

Like I can't consistently hit the right strings when strumming.
That is building muscle memory. You make it harder by playing righthanded i guess. Make your fingers do the right thing at whatever low speed (40-60bpm) is needed. They will learn it when you have the patience. Awareness of the movements is part one. It is like a baby trying to walk/run. We all struggle or have struggled with it.
Like everyone's said: Do it as slow as it has to be done. It's like me when I try to learn something that may be fast, but what I do in the beginning is to look at the tab, fret the note and pick it, look for the next note, fret it, pick it, look up the next. After some time you know what has to be fretted and picked by heart and then it's just about turning it into a kind of "flowing" motion which in the end is building up muscle memory.
I remember having a really hard time to find the right string with my pick when I wanted to learn picking (as opposed to strumming chords or fingering (is that the right word?) strings which I still do at times). Just stick to it, keep your patience (that may be hard, I know) and keep it accurate (which may be as hard to do as well... I know that too).

Greetings
3-R4Z0R
When you first start your strumming and picking will be slow and inaccurate. A bit of practice and you will be fine. As above learn to play well at slower speeds and then gradually get faster and make sure you don't lose the accuracey / feel as you speed up.

Are you playing at right handed or left handed guitar? If you are playing a righty, then from what I've heard from other lefties, you are going to have to work a bit harder on your picking hand. Generally, you want your strong hand to be the one setting the rhythm. It might be an idea to look into getting a lefty guitar, though it is definately do-able to be a left and play a right handed guitar - look at Jimi Hendrix!
Regarding working on it - just do what everyone else suggested - take it slow and practice, practice, practice. Make sure you are relaxed. A lot of the inaccuracy comes from being tensed up. Sometimes you tense up without realizing it because you are focused on what you are doing on the guitar. The easiest sign to look for is you picking hand shoulder. If it starts raising up towards your ear, you are tensing. If that happens, put it back down, take a deep breath and tell yourself "relax", then continue playing.