Any help writing something depressing. Preferrably more of a rock type song. I don't want to use a bunch of chords, I have done that. I'm talking about something along the lines of "Dead Memories" or something you would get from Metallica.
R.I.P. Paul Gray 04/08/72 - 05/24/10
Only the good die young...
The music may have died but the memories will live on in our hearts forever...
I'm gonna miss you Paul... Maggot for Life...
Analyze and reflect on minor scales harmonizations... Could be the first step...

Anyway, it's heart... hearth and a precise listening...
Last edited by Roscio at Jan 2, 2010,
is there anything else that maybe would help me? Like maybe some effects like a Flanger or Phaser? Or some delay? I am not very good with sad songs. I can write angry, happy, and emotional songs, but I have yet to write a good sad song, which is something I need to write.
R.I.P. Paul Gray 04/08/72 - 05/24/10
Only the good die young...
The music may have died but the memories will live on in our hearts forever...
I'm gonna miss you Paul... Maggot for Life...
I find reverby sparsely picked notes work well for moody/sad songs - kinda gives a feeling of isolation. Play around with some different harmonies until you find a few ideas you like & try to link those ideas together.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Personally, I think if you have an idea in your head that you want to write a sad sounding song then you're gonna create your own writer's block. Just write anything and everything that comes to you and you will most likely come across the song you want to write in due time. Force is bad when it comes to writing. But everyone has a different way of writing, so at any rate I wish you luck :]
Delay & reverb. <3
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
Quote by MetalBass 77
did no one catch on to this?

i didnt
i always thought the chord Dm was always pretty sad

but on topic use a lot of minor chords
Am Em Dm etc
maybe even a C chord?

Quote by VSMetal
Personally, I think if you have an idea in your head that you want to write a sad sounding song then you're gonna create your own writer's block. Just write anything and everything that comes to you and you will most likely come across the song you want to write in due time. Force is bad when it comes to writing. But everyone has a different way of writing, so at any rate I wish you luck :]

agreed
something depressing needs to happen to you and it'll just come smoothly out
like when i thought i had testicular cancer for a week
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
Last edited by Shaggy_420 at Jan 3, 2010,