Hey guys, looking for the spider 1 amp. The red original one, but can't seem to find them. Anyone know where to look and why they're so rare?

Thanks!
Equipment

Epiphone Les Paul Custom Heritage Cherry Sunburst
Vox Night Train + Avatar 212
Looking for pedals!
Why are you looking for a Spider?
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Why not? They're pretty cheap for a decent amp that they are...
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Quote by Gibson74
Hey guys, looking for the spider 1 amp. The red original one, but can't seem to find them. Anyone know where to look and why they're so rare?

Thanks!

Because everyone burned theirs.

/obligatoryspider=shitcomment

Edit: wait, you concede your spider 3 isn't the greatest but still want the predecessor's predecessor?
Last edited by stephen_rettie at Jan 2, 2010,
probably because like my friends they broke
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
I'm actually selling one. PM me if you're interested.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Jan 2, 2010,
Quote by FrustratedRocka
I'm actually selling one. PM me if you're interested.

Sent you a PM.

Guys, then whats a good (on the budget amp)
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
I'm sure there are LOTS of used spiders out there

EDIT:

Quote by Gibson74
Sent you a PM.

Guys, then whats a good (on the budget amp)

what's your max budget?
Probably like $100 bucks... I saw a video on that spider and sounded quite well... Are they THAT bad??
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Quote by Gibson74
Probably like $100 bucks... I saw a video on that spider and sounded quite well... Are they THAT bad??

....yeah

...wait...you already have a spider 3 and you're looking for another one???
No that spider 3 got sold... never actually changed my sig aha.

Do you recommend me just get another 3? I think that the original sound real good... what do you think?
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
They're not that bad - for what they're for. Get one for practicing at home, sure, but there's no point getting one for gigs.

If you liked it, sure, go for it. I've got one, I don't use it live but it does me good when I'm playing at low volumes and don't wanna blow the roof off, or get all the pedals out. If you want a new amp, I'd recommend a Roland Cube if you can find one for cheap, I personally liked the tone they produce. Vypyrs are [apparently] one of the best in that department, too.

I dunno. Whatever you wanna get
STRIKING MINORS
Quote by Mources
They're not that bad - for what they're for. Get one for practicing at home, sure, but there's no point getting one for gigs.

If you liked it, sure, go for it. I've got one, I don't use it live but it does me good when I'm playing at low volumes and don't wanna blow the roof off, or get all the pedals out. If you want a new amp, I'd recommend a Roland Cube if you can find one for cheap, I personally liked the tone they produce. Vypyrs are [apparently] one of the best in that department, too.

I dunno. Whatever you wanna get

Thanks man. But if spider's arent reliable then I'm not getting one. I can't be fixing amps everyday. HAHA.

Anyone like that peavey vypyr?
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
The Vypyr is one of the best models out there for the price.

Cube
Vox Valvetronix
Vypyr

Just to name a few good budget modelers.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
vypyrs are very good for the price. Much better tone than the spiders in my opinion.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Its like trying to find a yugo car nowadays. There was a time when they polluted the streets everywhere. But eventually they all broke down and end life in a junk yard.
if my memory serves me correctly, the original spider amps were not as bad as the later versions. nothing fantastic, but still a decent practice amp. the new ones are still fine for practice amps as well, but i personally thought the originals sounded better/less digital.
Quote by jof1029
if my memory serves me correctly, the original spider amps were not as bad as the later versions. nothing fantastic, but still a decent practice amp. the new ones are still fine for practice amps as well, but i personally thought the originals sounded better/less digital.

That's what I thought too. I might get one... but still I'm just not sure.

Down to this:

Spider 1 original probably 50w VS. Peavey Vypyr

What do you guys think... I saw the video of the spider and then the vypyr and really thought the spider had more REAL tone...

Help me out here guys!!
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Quote by Gibson74

you have a spider. you can't answer that yourself?

Yes they are that bad. When you get a real tube amp you will realize this. they are ****ing awful.

check ebay, but I don't know why you'd want to.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you have a spider. you can't answer that yourself?

Yes they are that bad. When you get a real tube amp you will realize this. they are ****ing awful.

check ebay, but I don't know why you'd want to.

Sorry guys my sig is a little old. I'll change it but I have sold that spider....

Do you think that the peavey vypyr is better? I like the vypyr better than the spider 3 but I'm not sure against the original spider.

But yes the vypyr is very nice and might end up settling for it.
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Well I owned one of the original ones that was red at the top. It had one 12" speaker but I forget the exact wattage and I don't know if it was rated at 75 watts like the new single 12's. I actually loved mine and wish I'd never got rid of it. People are mostly biased on here and don't realize that each model is different from version to version. The spider III isn't as good as the other options but if you are wanting something used then I would look for the original if I were you. As far as electronic problems go, the vypyrs have the worst track record so far with the malfunctions. They do sound good but some crap out. I'm still up in the air on getting a tube vypyr myself. The reported failures scare me but I'll probably get a new one. Good luck on your search and I hope you get an original spider at a cheap price because they are worth it!
Quote by Supermansdead81
Well I owned one of the original ones that was red at the top. It had one 12" speaker but I forget the exact wattage and I don't know if it was rated at 75 watts like the new single 12's. I actually loved mine and wish I'd never got rid of it. People are mostly biased on here and don't realize that each model is different from version to version. The spider III isn't as good as the other options but if you are wanting something used then I would look for the original if I were you. As far as electronic problems go, the vypyrs have the worst track record so far with the malfunctions. They do sound good but some crap out. I'm still up in the air on getting a tube vypyr myself. The reported failures scare me but I'll probably get a new one. Good luck on your search and I hope you get an original spider at a cheap price because they are worth it!

Thanks man. I really think there is a big difference on the original spider.

Do the rest of you guys think I should the peavey amp?

Also I found a deal on a spider original for $75 bucks. What do you guys think of that?

Look at this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFNhm0KbrjI
Equipment

Looking for pedals!
Last edited by Gibson74 at Jan 3, 2010,