I've been playing guitar for about a year and a half on and off and I think I'm ready to learn some beginner to intermediate guitar solos...any suggestions? I like anything that resembles rock or metal from the 60 through the 90s.
Lol, think my first three solos were like "Walk" and "Cowboys from hell" by Pantera, and "Stricken" by Disturbed
Guns N Roses version of knocking on heavens door is pretty simple solos
Smells like teen spirit was my first solo. QotSA has some pretty simple yet awesome solos too.
UG's Prodigal Son
ahh thats right forgot about smels like teen spirit. real easy.

recently ive been getting man in the box solo down pretty good and SRV pride and joy is in progress.

but i recommend the solos to weezer say it aint so, sublime santeria, acdc highway to hell and shook me all night long. oh yeah queen crazy little thing called love.
Get metal lead guitar by troy stetina
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Nothing else matters solo

fade to black intro solo

welcome home sanitarium

Those 3 are fair easy welcome home is a bit hard.

The thing with fade to black is if you play it slow and smooth like they do live it sounds awesome as well, so you can either play it fast, or slow.

I also found my self adding my own touches to fade to black solo it's pretty easy to add extra hammer ons or similar to it
A bit different but my first one was Sweet Home Alabama. It uses alot of techniques and you have to be fairly quick and accurate to play it well. It took me a over a month to learn it properly and was well worth it.
Quote by darkhorizon
A bit different but my first one was Sweet Home Alabama. It uses alot of techniques and you have to be fairly quick and accurate to play it well. It took me a over a month to learn it properly and was well worth it.

My first was One and Fade to Black. Both the intro solos.
No boundaries - MAB. Just kidding. Like some other guy said Knocking On Heavens door has some easy solos.

Quote by Gh057
Lol, think my first three solos were like "Walk" and "Cowboys from hell" by Pantera, and "Stricken" by Disturbed

And I don't quite believe this... at all.