I have been looking to switch my EMG actives for passives and have been research alot of companies. So far I'm liking Sheptone, Motor City, Wolfetone, Duncans, and Rockfield. I am very interested in the Rockfield's. They are very reasonably priced and have great reviews. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what they think. I'm most fond of the Rockfield Mafia.

Thanks

EDIT:

Also interested in GuitarHead and GuitarFetish pickups. Anyone know anything about them?
Last edited by CrackTheSkye at Jan 3, 2010,
Look at guitarfetish pickups and Guitarheads.
they are great and EXTREMELY cheap.
Classical Guitarist
BC Rich use EMG and rockfield for there higher end guitars

there pretty nice, played a WMD Warbeast with the rockfields... really high gain for passive, but i still perfer the EMG`s
I don't like the EMG's because they are to sterile for my liking. I play alot of classic rock and I don't like the tone of the EMGs
I have a pair of SWVs in my Epiphone and let me tell you, it gave that guitar new life. The stock pups were muddy and gross and these Rockfields are clear and articulate with a good amount of output. Good quality for the 50 bucks you pay.
Quote by CrackTheSkye
I don't like the EMG's because they are to sterile for my liking. I play alot of classic rock and I don't like the tone of the EMGs

ya dont blame you.. EMG`s are horrible for classic rock LOL... i play thrash and EMG`s are godly to me.

rockfields might not be the pickup for you then.... the mofia MIGHT do it but i`m not sure

the WMD came with the Mafia neck and the fat ass bridge. i was playing more with the bridge.
Yea the EMG's are great for metal but their not versatile at all. I play alot of classic rock/hard rock and even metal so I need pickups that can suit it all.

I'm also looking at the GuitarHead pickups.
Okay, because you are starting off with a B.C. Rich, I say get the Rockfields, with the distortion on and the gain up all the way, you get kind of a Killswitch Engage sound, but Cut the gain back almost all the way, and gut back your bass and you get a really good classic rock sound and I would say get the Rockfield Mafia/ Fatass setup.
Gear:
Lotus strat copy (1996)
Stedman Pro Executioner
B.C. Rich Warbeast STD
B.C. Rich KKV Signature
Schecter Damien Elite FR
Fender P-Bass

Amp:
Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall 4x12 cab with celestion rockin 30's
Boss ME-50 Multi-effects