The movie in my mind was suprisingly impressive. Im pretty amazed that the director actually pulled it off. And they've already set the story up for a sequal. Also i love Jude Law's british accent.
Peace my brothers!!!!
My friends don't want to see it

I saw Avatar instead, and that wasn't too bad. I definitely need to see sherlock holmes though.

Rachel McAdams

Four Year Strong Plays in D Standard. Not Drop D.
Quote by Ed Hunter

I just slapped the computer screen with my dick because of this thread.
Last edited by ☼Blink☼ at Jan 3, 2010,
It was definitely an entertaining movie... Better than Avatar imo
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
Last time I checked, the Sherlock Holmes books dont contain countless action scenes and impossible feats of physical strength. They contained mystery solving, which was sparse, to say the least, in that movie.
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

I liked sherlock holmes. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude law played their parts perfectly. The story was a little out there, but nothing a little suspension of disbelief won't fix. I thought the whole movie was just fun.

Must Not Sleep.

Must Warn Others.

Gear:
Gibson Special Faded SG
Orange Tiny Terror (Combo)
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah

3DS friend code: 3995-7035-3562
Yeah, if you loved the Sherlock Holmes of old, then you'll hate the Sherlock Holmes of new.

I enjoyed the movie though.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by ☼Blink☼
My friends don't want to see it

I saw Avatar instead, and that wasn't too bad. I definitely need to see sherlock holmes though.

Rachel McAdams

way better than avatar really. Honestly Avatar was okay but James Cameron needs to make sure his movie litterally kills titanic before he decides to blow 700 million on it.
Peace my brothers!!!!
Quote by nick11link
Last time I checked, the Sherlock Holmes books dont contain countless action scenes and impossible feats of physical strength. They contained mystery solving, which was sparse, to say the least, in that movie.

Oh noez, creative input! Run for the hills!
Seriously it was a pretty good movie. Not enough humor however..
terrible grammar.
I just got done "watching" Sherlock Holmes. not seeing. dumbass.
My Gear:
Fender Custom Shop Time Machine 1956 relic
plus accessories
Your position and your relationship with music has to be one from the inside. - John Frusciante
and yes, my avatar is weezy, what?
Quote by angusfan16
Yeah, if you loved the Sherlock Holmes of old, then you'll hate the Sherlock Holmes of new.

I enjoyed the movie though.

I love the SH stories. I've read them over 5 times. Thought the movie was a bastardizaton but if i want a good recount of the stories i would read the books. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and love the take on it.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by an epic mistake
I liked sherlock holmes. Robert Downey Jr. and Jude law played their parts perfectly. The story was a little out there, but nothing a little suspension of disbelief won't fix. I thought the whole movie was just fun.

well i was orginally like "Oh great another movie with scenes of magic and wizardy being real when its not suppoused to."

*Spoiler*

I'm actually glad sherlock proved the atagonist was just using illusions to trick people into thinking he was magic.
Peace my brothers!!!!
I thought the movie was alright, not great though. I didnt like the magic route they took. Seemed too easy. I wish it was just more involved, but it looks like a sequel is on the horizon. Oh, and I thought Avatar was better :/
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
Quote by RHCP987123
terrible grammar.
I just got done "watching" Sherlock Holmes. not seeing. dumbass.

troll alert!
Peace my brothers!!!!
It was surprisingly good as I came in with super low expectations.

I doubt I would've enjoyed it without RDJ or Jude Law.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by ☼Blink☼

Rachel McAdams

+

Quote by nick11link

+

Quote by an epic mistake

=

/thread.
just for the record if you gonna do
*spoiler*

it would be nice if you leave more then 2 spaces before you start it, just saying
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
This movie sucked, and Avatar was good, but not as amazing as everyone has said it was, I still stand that the best movie this year was Inglourious Basterds
Quote by daeqwon10000
This movie sucked, and Avatar was good, but not as amazing as everyone has said it was, I still stand that the best movie this year was Inglourious Basterds

This man has sense. Oh, and I quite liked Zombieland. Not that it was in the same league as Inglorious Basterds, but just sayin.
Your mother likes it ruff, Trebeck.
I enjoyed it, I mean it wasn't like an epic or anything, but it was entertaining. And yes, Rachel McAdams is awesome
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by daeqwon10000

Inglourious Basterds came out last year.
Quote by Ledforthehead
Inglourious Basterds came out last year.

True. But then again so did Sherlock Holmes.

I thought the movie was good. Sure the story was predictable at times, but it was fun. I didn't really find any dull moments, which is always a good thing.

RDJ and Jude Law made the movie. Every other character could have been replaced by someone else and it wouldn't have mattered much. In fact I WISH they would have chosen someone else to play Lord Blackwood. I think Mark Strong did a weak job with the character.
Quote by Dark Foxle
The movie in my mind was suprisingly impressive. Im pretty amazed that the director actually pulled it off. And they've already set the story up for a sequal. Also i love Jude Law's british accent.

wat

Guy Ritchie is actually the reason I went to see it. I would watch any movie by the same man who directed Snatch.
Quote by daytripper75

RDJ and Jude Law made the movie. Every other character could have been replaced by someone else and it wouldn't have mattered much. In fact I WISH they would have chosen someone else to play Lord Blackwood. I think Mark Strong did a weak job with the character.

lol.
Quite good movie. Interesting and engaging storyline, the acting was superb and fun and overall, it was well done. Ran Avatar into the ground in that aspect. Try to think it as an entirely different entity to the novel. That's what I did.
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jan 3, 2010,
My reaction was meh. I didn't hate it. I didn't love it. It was kinda like cellophane to me.
I'll play it and tell you what it is later.
-Miles Davis
I haven't even seen it and am raging anyway at the cast of RDJ as Holmes.

For chrissakes, the man could barely play a buffoonish Watson. Even that would be an insult to Watson. Casting him as Holmes was simply criminal.

And the trailer was painfully deviant from the stories themselves. Doyle would die of shame.

Quote by mexican_shred
if i want a good recount of the stories i would read the books.

If I wanted a good recount of the stories I would watch the series with Jeremy Brett and forget that this travesty ever existed. Screw it, I'm doing that anyway.
As someone who isn't all that familiar with the book I really enjoyed the movie. Only real complaint was I felt like Rachel McAdams got overshadowed by RDJ. Seems like her character could have been written better
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.