Hey guys,

I was wondering to get your opinion between these two amps. I can get just the Peavey Windsor head or the Carvin MTS 3200 212 combo. I play mainly pop punk and alternative so I was wondering you could help me find which amp would suit my sound better and is overall better out of the two.

Thanks,
Andy
The Carvin MTS3212 is far better than the Windsor. I've had one for years and it is the best combo guitar amp I've ever played. It has great clean and distorted tones. It is also freakishly loud.

The Windsor has some great tones, but I can't speak to the build quality.
I haven't played the carvin but I am acctaully going to pick up a windsor head tomorrow. The windsor no doubt has a very vintage marshall sound but like mentioned I can't speak of the carvin.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
do you think the carvin provides enough mid and low since it is an open back?
i'm not sure if there will be too much treble for the type of music i play
oh and I can get Peavey Windsor head for $150 and the Carvin combo for $240 if that helps deciding the better buy.
Last edited by nguyenandyy at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by nguyenandyy
do you think the carvin provides enough mid and low since it is an open back?
i'm not sure if there will be too much treble for the type of music i play

The Carvin has more than enough mid and low end. It really is a fantastic amp, and it is a pity that Carvin discontinued it in order to resurrect the X100B series. The Windsor is a good amp for the money, but I don't think it compares to the Carvin.
I run a Windsor with a ts-9. The Windsor a lone has a nice vintage Marshall sound which is possible to achieve what you want but might have to have the aid of a pedal depending. On what you're looking for. I haven't had any problems with the Windsor. Only thing I want to do is swap out the stock tubes.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?