Hey, just wondering if anyone has used these guitars. They seem to be pretty legit and I've seen some really great looking guitars they have. They only make 600 a year, and they are at least 2 grand or more, but I figure it would be my last guitar needed.

I really think its a nice change of pace than the ESP, Ibanez and Jackson thing, and these guitars are made specifically for metal, I don't know but I don't really see 27 fret guitars all that often. Theres a dealer in Toronto and I could most likely get them from there, but I just wanna know if anyones used them before and if they could just give me some insight on them.
1979 YEAR OF THE HURRICANE BABY!
GSP Rush

GEAR (What I am currently using)
Guitar
Dimebag Darrell Signature ML
Amp
Peavey 5150 II
Cab
Orange PPC 412
Pedal(s)
Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer
ISP Decimator
they are amazing guitars, if you can get one, do it.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
They're great, I wish I could afford one. I don't like the headstock, but that's minor.
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
^Freak :P

Anyway on topic definitely great guitars, I love mine to death it has a mystic aura surrounding it that just separates it from the rest of my other guitars. Probably a bit too expensive this year compared to previous years but still worth it IMO now that prices have dropped a bit. Quality is great though I've seen some not so great routing in hidden areas. Trust me when you go with one Caparison you'll definitely want more
Freak because I don't like the headstock?
Kaguya: Ibanez GRX20 - Coil-split handwound Humbuckers
Isabelle: Fender 50's Road Worn Strat signed by AutoVaughn
Selene: Ibanez RG2EX1
Blackstar HT-5
I've got an Applehorn and it's great.

One word of warning, though: just like a friend of mine's Applehorn, mine has a slightly dodgy input and volume knob/pickup selector. To replace both will probably cost around 20-25$, but on a guitar in this price range you shouldn't have to replace the electronics.

Despite those minor problems it's awesome.

Have a pic:

Quote by Lekz
Freak because I don't like the headstock?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to side with azn_guitarist; they're lovely headstocks
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jan 3, 2010,
I've been taking a keen interest in Caparison guitars too as a possible upgrade from my Ibanez. They look fine to me as the shape of the TAT is pretty much the same as an RG anyway. The neck seems to be virtually the same as the Wizard II neck on my existing guitar in terms of thickness (19mm at the 1st fret and 21mm at the 12th) but I'm not sure about the radius. I'm used to a 400mm radius neck and that suits me as I like a very low action. I'd even be more than happy to go to a 430mm radius like the Prestige Ibanez guitars but I think that the radius used on a Caparison is a compound radius like on the Jacksons. How does that affect the playability? I'm not a lightning fast shredder; I just prefer necks that are thin and flat. My only other concern is the pickups as I have no idea how good they are.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
Too bad Peter Joseph isn't here ot tell you about them...

He used ot play them, and I've only heard good things about them.
Quote by SPBY
they are amazing guitars, if you can get one, do it.

Pretty much this.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Very nice guitars. Supposedly comparable in feel to the old Jackson Professional series.

The owner used to work for Jackson, if I'm not mistaken.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by no.mop
Very nice guitars. Supposedly comparable in feel to the old Jackson Professional series.

The owner used to work for Jackson, if I'm not mistaken.

He did.

He came up with these models, which aren't entirely dissimilar to the Caparison Horus:

Horus:

You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Jan 3, 2010,
I've been looking at the caparison websites and the old japanese site has an angelus with a schaller floyd rose bridge, but on the UK website they have the angelus but not with a floyd rose. Kinda shitty but I might be able to still get one. The dealer in Toronto is a major dealer and the guy who owns it made one of the caparison forums so, I think I might have good odds of getting one.

This is of course after a few months of saving up money, but I'll have more than enough to buy one.

Also, if the guitars are comparable to old Jackson's would the pick ups be the same? Would be retarded to buy a 2 thousand dollar guitar and have to change the pick ups on them, but I will if necessary. Definitely not EMGs though, definitely hot passives.
GSP Rush

Guitar
Amp
Peavey 5150 II
Cab
Orange PPC 412
Pedal(s)
Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer
ISP Decimator
Awesome guitars. I've only played exactly one of them, and now I own it. Caparison TAT. The general consensus on the pups seems to be that the stock bridge pup on the TATs and Dellingers, the PH-R, is a great pickup. The middle and neck rail pups and the neck HB though, is not so great. I know on my TAT I changed the neck pup for an Air Norton S and I love it, but I never got a chance to try the stock neck pup as the previous owner changed it out. I like the stock bridge pup quite a bit.
Quote by MYNAMEDOESNTFIT
I've been looking at the caparison websites and the old japanese site has an angelus with a schaller floyd rose bridge, but on the UK website they have the angelus but not with a floyd rose. Kinda shitty but I might be able to still get one. The dealer in Toronto is a major dealer and the guy who owns it made one of the caparison forums so, I think I might have good odds of getting one.

I think what you want is the Caparison Angelus TR. It's a 2010 model that is an Angelus with a floyd rose. http://caparison.jp/caparison-eng/e-09product/e09angelus-tr.html Use the official site the UK one is out of date.
Damn, that Jackson Falcon is practically identical to the Horus.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Quote by azn_guitarist25
I think what you want is the Caparison Angelus TR. It's a 2010 model that is an Angelus with a floyd rose. http://caparison.jp/caparison-eng/e-09product/e09angelus-tr.html Use the official site the UK one is out of date.

Omg I didn't even see the 2010 part! Well, hopefully I can get that exact guitar, Trans.Black.Burst

Still think its retarded to pay 2000 grand for a guitar and still have to swap pick ups
GSP Rush

Guitar
Amp
Peavey 5150 II
Cab
Orange PPC 412
Pedal(s)
Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer
ISP Decimator
Quote by MYNAMEDOESNTFIT
Omg I didn't even see the 2010 part! Well, hopefully I can get that exact guitar, Trans.Black.Burst

Still think its retarded to pay 2000 grand for a guitar and still have to swap pick ups

Woah who said the Angelus TR is going to be $2000 grand? That's ridiculous I mean it's more likely to be $3k or so but it's going to be one of the more expensive models.
Yeah its 3300, **** that shit. No reason at all to get it, 3300 and I'll still have to swap the shitty pickups with good ones. Obviously these guitars ****ing rip, but the price absolutely kills it.
GSP Rush

Guitar
Amp
Peavey 5150 II
Cab
Orange PPC 412
Pedal(s)
Ibanez TS9 TubeScreamer
ISP Decimator
Ah yeah thought it would be around $3K that's not too bad coming from Caparison considering the next suitable guitar is the Ace signature and well the price of that is a lot more insane.