I like recording stuff at night, and when I record acoustic people get mad.and I would like to create something to deaden the sound of it.

So since my computer is in a corner of the room it makes my idea simpler. But the room I'm in has about 12 different wall surfaces, 2 different angles of the ceiling, about half is parallel and the rest is angled down, it would be a pain to do the whole place, so I was thinking I could get some big block walls of foam, and create a little area to record, and when I'm done just put them away wherever.

Anyone think this will work? I'll only need 2 sides and something for the ceiling above me
Well, as long as it's fairly porous foam, it will certainly deaden sound INSIDE the blocks, but it might not make the overall volume OUTSIDE much lower, really.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
If you have a closet and if you're recording guitar amps, put your amp in there and surround it with foam.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Are you trying to deaden the sound or are you trying to soundproof it? ie are the complaints that they don't want to hear it or that the recording sounds shit?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
Are you trying to deaden the sound or are you trying to soundproof it? ie are the complaints that they don't want to hear it or that the recording sounds shit?

kind of both, I'm more worried about just trying to get it to be quieter
1st get your amp off the floor, then use old/2nd hand thick carpet or duvets. on the walls and ceiling, foam is expensive and blocks of foam are heavy and not easily suspended from a ceiling (since my guitar school went out of businesss at the end of November, i`ve been delivering foam).
Maybe try recording during the day?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by mitchellator
I said I was recording acoustic

You just have to get used to not playing there. i live in an appartment, so i only get to use my loud gear every so often. Try to find a place where you can record.

if you must record, maybe get an acoustic simulator or a silent acoustic.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Acoustic guitars aren't that loud... are your neighbors bats?
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
I don't know how loud your acoustic is, but my normal speaking voice is louder than mine unless I'm playing hard.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
2/3 of the sound is probably getting out through doors/windows, foam on the walls won't do jack.
The other thing to remember is that's it's the bass frequencies (and highs) that carry the most.

Can you take some decent photos of the room? Where is it in relation to everyone else's bedrooms?