Before I begin, I did indeed use the search bar. Now onto my question.

I'm looking into getting a new guitar, Ibanez RG7321 to be exact, but I know I'll need a pup switch eventually and I'd rather get it done sooner than later. Yes, I know it won't make much of a difference with my Line 6 (digress: I am perfectly happy with Spider III. I need a new guitar because I am not playing as efficiently or happily with my SG), but I will be getting a new tube amp eventually and I would rather start off with the new amp very happy rather than kind of happy rather then later on be a little more happy.

So I was wondering, how much do pick up swaps generally cost to get professionally done?

Cost of Pick ups: ~$200 (both neck and bridge, both passive)

EDIT: Quick side question for anyone who knows: What pick-ups did A.J. Minette (The Human Abstract) use in the recording of Nocturne?
Last edited by ABRfan at Jan 3, 2010,
It varies from place to place...at my local shop, it costs around 50 bucks for a 2 pickup replacement without any routing.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.