Hello gents,

I'm in the market for an overdrive type pedal for my bass and am looking for suggestions. I recently switched from guitar to play in a band and am looking to expand my sound a little. I was wondering if there is an overdrive pedal that will give me a warm tube distortion, and if it could do some fuzz type stuff, think Time is Running Out by Muse, on the intro, that would be great.

thanks
You're going to want something similar to a muff for that muse tone, an overdrive won't do that.
That said, however, the boss ODB is apparantly more of a fuzz than an overdrive anyway.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
The Bad Monkey is pretty good for light OD and fuzzier stuff. It does suck your low end a little though.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by outerlimit501
Hello gents,

I'm in the market for an overdrive type pedal for my bass and am looking for suggestions. I recently switched from guitar to play in a band and am looking to expand my sound a little. I was wondering if there is an overdrive pedal that will give me a warm tube distortion, and if it could do some fuzz type stuff, think Time is Running Out by Muse, on the intro, that would be great.

thanks

For a tube style distortion, try the Sansamp VT bass and the Fulltone bass drive.

For TiRO, it isn't going to happen, as it was played on a synth, not a bass. Though if you have a massive budget, a Zvex Woolly Mammoth might get close.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i think the best sound that is shitted from a Boss ODB is a sansamp VT type crunchy overdrive. for fuzz, try the Muff Pi - its pretty well liked around here i think...
'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.' Albert Einstein
The MXR Blowtorch is pretty versatile for a bass distortion box. It probably won't be as fuzzy as a Muff Pi, but it is a good one.