Poll Options
View poll results: do you self harm?
yes
115 15%
no
675 85%
Voters: 790.
Page 1 of 11
I read 10% of young people self harm. And overall it's quite high aswell. I want to see for myself how many UGers self harm. Theres nothing to be ashamed of. Lord knows I have.
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
No, I never have. Don't plan on it either.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Honestly, what is the point of self-harming?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Honestly, what is the point of self-harming?

It's not exactly something you choose.
Quote by vivalasteve
This one time, I was...erm...orgasming...but nonstop. It just wouldn't stop and, without being too graphic, basically was like how the blood was coming out of your mouth, then I got dehydrated and died. True story.
Quote by teegman
10% of young people listen to gay melodic crap like tool and opeth, any coincidence?

Take that back, sir. That was uncalled for

And no, I don't self harm.
Quote by teegman
10% of young people listen to gay melodic crap like tool and opeth, any coincidence?

ok, you're just trolling at this point.

warned.
#DTWD
Quote by teegman
Self harmers often overload their body with garbage pop rock like meshuggah and need to bleed the shittiness out before it claims them.

kthxbai.
#DTWD
Quote by extrememetal94

Everything is a choice. The fact that it's called 'self' harm kinda means that it's your choice to do it.
nope. sure as hell don't plan on it either.

Quote by primusfan
kthxbai.

i've never seen anyone receive 2 warnings and a ban in under a minute
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jan 3, 2010,
Have I ever taken a blade to myself and watched the blood come out? no.

Have I ever walked into a mosh pit because I wanted top feel beat up? yes.

It really depends on your definition of self harm, I would be willing to say most people do something that hurts in one form or another on purpose. Football players are a prime example. They lift wieghts sand "feel the burn" ever felt that burn? its actual pain. people just get used to it and the brain registers it as any other sensation. same with the soreness of your finger tips after a couple of hours of guitar or bass playing.
no sir away a papaya war is on
wait, should we answer yes if we have done it in the past or if we regularly do it or what?
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
Everything is a choice. The fact that it's called 'self' harm kinda means that it's your choice to do it.

What i'm trying to say is. Sometimes the physical pain is better. I dont cut, I burn, but the point is that when you do it once. You feel the need to do it more.

I very rarely get sad, maybe once every 2 months? Just something I resort to thats all..
Quote by vivalasteve
I never cut myself or anything. But I sometimes do things that I know will harm me but I do it anyway (punching walls :p
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by AnAngrySquirrel

what if nothing is a choice? what if there is no free will in this world at all and we are all simply following a pre determined path created by a higher power? what if we are nothing but characters in somebody's video game somewhere?
i did it once or twice, but for religious purposes. corporal mortification. i did it as my own personal penance for something i did that i deemed too wrong to simply be forgiven with a couple of hail marys. also ... mean streets is the reason i chose the particular method of burning with a flame.

but i don't have the actual problem that real self-harmers had. just my short experience with it.
#DTWD
no its for little whining bitches
"oooo my familys rich i get what i want and still im somehow depressed sniff sniff"
THIS IS MY SIGTHIS IS MY SIGTHIS IS MY SIG
Oh teegman, always a source of entertainment.

I haven't self-harmed, and I probably won't anytime soon seeing as my life is pretty great now. But in the past I have definitely considered it.
I think I worded mine wrong. I don't cut myself just to be a ****ing idiot hurting myself over my rich perfect little igsinficant life. Sometimes I just get tempted to do it when I start to **** everything up. And I bash my face, not crawl in a corner and cut myslef while I cry about nothing.
Quote by extrememetal94

Okay well explain this to me. How is it NOT a choice? How is it possible to just harm yourself without having the mindset to do it? It's not. Everything you do is a choice, and you can CHOOSE to stop self-harming as well.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by bösepriester
no its for little whining bitches
"oooo my familys rich i get what i want and still im somehow depressed sniff sniff"

warned.
#DTWD
Quote by extrememetal94

you cant choose to hurt yourself?
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Quote by Castlebravo
Oh teegman, always a source of entertainment.

I haven't self-harmed, and I probably won't anytime soon seeing as my life is pretty great now. But in the past I have definitely considered it.

why? how could pain possibly bring relief to pain? i dont understand ppl
THIS IS MY SIGTHIS IS MY SIGTHIS IS MY SIG
Quote by extrememetal94
What i'm trying to say is. Sometimes the physical pain is better. I dont cut, I burn, but the point is that when you do it once. You feel the need to do it more.

I very rarely get sad, maybe once every 2 months? Just something I resort to thats all..

Then it's along the same vein as smoking? I've never really though of self-harming as an addiction.
Quote by E_squared
Does accidentally slicing your thumb open on the bridge of your guitar count? If so, I do that all the time.....

holy crap dude! how hard do you play? hell, is your bridge sharpened or something?
Not gonna judge people on self-harming, but really, what's the attraction? How does pain help you cope? Not having a go, I'm genuinely interested to see why. Btw I don't self harm.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Stugg334
Not gonna judge people on self-harming, but really, what's the attraction? How does pain help you cope? Not having a go, I'm genuinely interested to see why. Btw I don't self harm.

I sometimes punch myself in the face when I'm about to get angry and hit other people, it's becasue I'm too much of a pussy to get back at people.
Quote by bösepriester
why? how could pain possibly bring relief to pain? i dont understand ppl

From what I understand it stops your miond from thinking about whatever the problem is (divorce, bullies, being emo) and replaces all that with your brain responding to actual pain.

Also upon recieving pain your body releases chemicals that make you calm down.

furthermore I don't do this, I just understand the logic.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by Stugg334

I've always thought of it as there are people who are actually clinically depressed and think they deserve to die or something, and the people who do it for attention. The attention seekers are usually the one's people usually call 'emos' or 'goths'.
Quote by amaranth_todd
Take that back, sir. That was uncalled for

And no, I don't self harm.

This x 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.