*If there is another thread started that will help me with my search, I would greatly appreciate a link so I do not waste anyones time*

I have been watching a lot of John Mayer videos for a while now, and one thing I have noticed is that his acoustic Martin is a smaller size than the average acoustic ( or at least it appears that way). Now I'm not a big guy, and my hands are pretty small, and my fingers are short and stubby lol, so a small thin neck appeals to me, as well as a smaller guitar. I'm not that big into acoustics yet, I'm starting to get into it, so I do not want to use a whole lot of money. $500 or a little more is my limit. What would be some small body acoustic guitars that can still get the average guitar size sound ( it that makes sense)?

Pardon my ignorance, we all start somewhere. All help is appreciated, and thank you for the help.
Buying an acoustic seems very complicated when you first look into it.

If you can already play guitar a bit then the best thing to do is go to a good local guitar shop and try everything in your price range. That way you can see which sizes and shapes you prefer. You will get the feel and sound of the guitars as well. If you go when the shop is quieter then you can take your time and test out several guitars without being disturbed.

Then just play several guitars and rule out the ones you don't get on with and choose from whats left over. I did this when I bough an acoustic recently and got down to two guitars I liked and made my choice. Doing some reading beforehand on the different brands and models is helpful as you have a better idea of who the quality manufacturers with good reputations are.

Good luck
I've just bought a martin 000-15. It's awesome. For your budget you could try out the martin X series but the main thing to keep in mind is to test as many guitars as possible before you buy
"The time I burned my guitar it was like a sacrifice. You sacrifice the things you love. I love my guitar."- Jimi Hendrix
martin 000s are great guitars, but they aren't going to be as loud as a dread or quite the same. to me, the 000s sound better. the martin in your price range sounds good, but has a dry feeling outside unfinished. here's the 000 in your price range: http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/2749

also you could try a blueridge - similar sound to martin, slimmer nut width you're looking for, gloss finish, and they're good guitars: http://www.maurysmusic.com/inc/sdetail/35953

i agree that it is best to test lots of guitars if possible. for one thing, there are other smaller-than-dread-sized guitars - om's, grand concerts, grand auditoriums and so on. for another thing, you may discover a neck or sound that suits you better than the 000s. or you may discover the perfect 000 for you.
Last edited by patticake at Jan 3, 2010,