Page 1 of 2
So over this winterbreak my parents went out of town leaving me with my grandparents. My grandparents are pretty absent minded so I can really do whatever I want. Problematically though, I recieved a curfew ticket. My friend crashed his car about a block from my house (on my street) and I went out to go help dig him out of the snow and the cops came and gave me a ticket without helping get him out. To make matter's worse, tonight I went to my girfriend's house and my grandma realized I wasn't home. I told her I was sleeping at a friends house, but she'll still be pretty pissed. So how do I tell my parents about the ticket (they'll already be mad)?

tl;dr. Got a curfew ticket while parents were away. How do I tell them/how do I try not to get in too much trouble?
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Take that ticket to court!
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
What the hell is a curfew ticket,... where do you live :/
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Minnesota. Basically, if you are under 18 the police can give you a ticket for being outside after 12 AM.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
It's a county by county thing. My county doesn't have it, and I live in MN. I have a friend in Arkansas who does have it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
"If I said you had a beautiful body, would you hold it against me?"
I'd say take it to court, you were helping someone out, saving a life and all that.. surely its better that you take responsibility like that and help out other people than just sit at home.

As for your parents, just explain that you did it to help your friend, it would have been pretty poor of you to leave him stuck and crashed so close to your house, and Im sure they wont mind that you did it to help a friend.

And wtf, why didnt the police help the two of you with the car crash ?!
Last edited by -Reborn- at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by -Reborn-
I'd say take it to court, you were helping someone out, saving a life and all that.. surely its better that you take responsibility like that and help out other people than just sit at home.

As for your parents, just explain that you did it to help your friend, it would have been pretty poor of you to leave him stuck and crashed so close to your house, and Im sure they wont mind that you did it to help a friend.

And wtf, why didnt the police help the two of you with the car crash ?!

They made us sit in his car for an hour (it was freezing and I didn't have a jacket) and then gave us the tickets and left us. They also insisted there was weed in the car after we told them they could search it they tried to get the driver and myself to admit to smoking it earlier by saying we wouldn't get in any trouble (it would have been a DUI) and they also breathalized us.
Quote by seokorn
your awesome stoner

Quote by Frobot!
Tapeman is my hero.
Quote by Stoner stone
Minnesota. Basically, if you are under 18 the police can give you a ticket for being outside after 12 AM.

My god that's amazing Exactly as in V for Vendetta, ah man, you know what you have to do! Blow up London!
This is my sig, isn't it

AWESOME?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']I never understood Christianity.

A religion that is essentially based on stories about an invisible man that made the universe and a magic zombie that could walk on water and got nailed to a cross.
Dude lucky, curfew is Japan in 10pm!
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
Dude lucky, curfew is Japan in 10pm!

I wouldn't want to live in 10pm!

Quote by CrossBack7
^ aha! I see my editing speed has gotten the better of you!
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
^ aha! I see my editing speed has gotten the better of you!

It still says the same thing.

Quote by CrossBack7
Say it's a ticket too see an awesome band called Curfew, who just happen to be playing sometime soon.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
lol law-enforced curfew.

Serious question: What if you work closing shifts where you get off after midnight? I have lots of friends in this situation, so I suspect it may be the same where you live. Are you just basically fucked?
Quote by Avedas
lol law-enforced curfew.

Serious question: What if you work closing shifts where you get off after midnight? I have lots of friends in this situation, so I suspect it may be the same where you live. Are you just basically fucked?

In DC, there are awkward exceptions to the rule. For example, if you're going STRAIGHT home from work or a school sponsored activity, you are exempt from the rule. Same thing if you're with a legal guardian.
Quote by Lil Macker
Say it's a ticket too see an awesome band called Curfew, who just happen to be playing sometime soon.

this

is a brilliant idea

man you're lucky!
....i hear in 10pm you have to be inside by Japan!!
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Haha Davrossss you've found a way to put that LOTR thing in almost every thread you come across. Last time it happened that Gimli thing got the thread closed.
Quote by denfilade
Haha Davrossss you've found a way to put that LOTR thing in almost every thread you come across. Last time it happened that Gimli thing got the thread closed.

Yeah well it is fun............where is your bow?
Quote by Stoner stone

... ...

Hahahahahaha. Those crazy Minnesotans.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by KTFM
Dude that sucks! Japan is so early. I'd hate to live in 10pm if I had to be home by Japan.

If you think thats bad you have to be up by Korea and at work by China
..aaah the drawbacks of living in 10pm.
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Quote by KTFM
Dude that sucks! Japan is so early. I'd hate to live in 10pm if I had to be home by Japan.

as far as telling your parents, tell them your friend got in a car crash, you went to help him out, and the pigs gave you a curfew ticket.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by Momentosis
It still says the same thing.

That was seriously fail from him.

@TS: I would suggest you pay the fine and forget about it.

Tell your parents that you were helping out a friend and then just take whatever is coming at you.
I doubt it's worth the stress of court and all that.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, thats what i say.

UG's Best 10 er!
hmmmm, how about the truth?!

"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by Avedas
lol law-enforced curfew.

in most places people under 18 can't work past midnight anyway.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Tell them you were helping a friend get out of his car after he crashed?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
Quote by KTFM
Shit. Lucky I live in 3am. You get to start work at Holland and you can finish by Sweden.

It's nice not being Japaned by Curfew.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by KTFM

Well...

...This is ackward...

Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Quote by KTFM

Also, I seriously lol'd at your post. Genius
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
Amp:
- Laney VC15

RIP DIO
Page 1 of 2