Looks more like throwing a volume pedal in the effects loop to me.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
No, it looks like an attenuator to me. If it really does the thing it promises, I'd go for it, by the way.
Quote by DarkValo666
No, it looks like an attenuator to me. If it really does the thing it promises, I'd go for it, by the way.

It's not an attenuator. It's a trim pot that acts like a master volume. That's not what an attenuator does. You're not pushing your power tubes.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
It's not an attenuator. It's a trim pot that acts like a master volume. That's not what an attenuator does. You're not pushing your power tubes.

yup. It even says master volume control on it.
attenuator needs to go after the speaker out.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
This question gets asked a million times each week. You'd think that people would realize you can't get a $300 piece of equipment for $30 or $40 by now.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Apparently, according to the description, it's pushing the pre-amp tubes, not the power amp ones.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
What it does is go in the effects loop, which technically (at least on my HRD) is Preamp out/Power amp in. It cuts the signal going out the the preamp section before feeding it to the power amp section. What this amounts to is that you can crank the preamp tubes into whatever they will give up but the power amp tubes are not likely to be driven hard, if at all due to the reduced signal they recieve. I had read about these gizmos a few years ago when I first got my HRD, because it is quite loud and I wanted to tame it so I could use it at home. After looking more into it, I decided against it and realized that the core issue with the HRD is the taper of the pots used (Linear vs Logarithmic.) Being that my amp is still under warranty I am not messing with it yet. I have learned to live with the loud beast, as is.

Sorry to ramble... Good luck with your item, if you choose to go that way.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Apparently, according to the description, it's pushing the pre-amp tubes, not the power amp ones.

It does neither. It acts like a master volume so when you crank the master and preamp, you have a trim pot in the effects loop that turns your volume down so it seems like it's attenuating.

It's just a sham.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This question gets asked a million times each week. You'd think that people would realize you can't get a $300 piece of equipment for $30 or $40 by now.

but then again people also try to plug headphones into speakerouts
^

from last nights thread of the same name.

i'm only posting it because the link in there gives telling reviews to non believers.
also because there was a link named the same thing just last night! HA!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255021
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jan 3, 2010,
wise ass. link fixed.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

sorry m'am could not see whose side you were on since your link was broken.
Quote by AcousticMirror
sorry m'am could not see whose side you were on since your link was broken.

i've been on the side of good since 2004.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
i've been on the side of good since 2004.

oh i've heard that one before from girls...
j/k

question answered, thread derailed. my work here is done.