Page 1 of 2
Just a quick question, not a music based question but had my motorbike out the back garden today doing some work on the bike, was giving the bike some revs, not too much, about 5k on the OEM can, so loud, but not ear shattering, just to warm her up really as not started her in a while.. anyway left the bike on idle and came back out to find my neighbour screaming, shouting and swearing saying he was going to call the police etc. which he won't, i smoothed things over, but got me thinking just wondered what the laws are regarding bikes, and noise, in residential areas etc.

really quite f**ked me off really, its the third time in the last few months he's come out hurling abuse at me for something, despite having a second storey being built on his house not two metres from my back door, without the courtesy of asking if we had any problems with it, and about 2 square metres of scaffolding in our back garden would of thought he might have been a bit more considerate considering what we've had to put up with him, anyway thought here was a good enough place to rant and calm down before i go out there and rip up his scaffolding and throw it back over the fence....

but yeah just wondered if anyone had a similar problem with a moany neighbour over noise issues? or am i being unreasonable making some loud noise for a couple of minutes in the afternoon on a sunday?
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

tl;dr and skipped to your first question - there are laws against noise violations.
I want women throwing their thongs 'cause I wrote their favorite songs.
you can build and extension on your house without asking neighbors for approval? We renovated my backyard and had to get 3/4 signatures.

And I think you are in the right here. A few minutes won't get you in shit trouble (unless it makes people deaf). Also, if he does call the police, ask them if he's allowed to build that extension without asking for you approval.
Quote by beingfamous
tl;dr and skipped to your first question - there are laws against noise violations.

dude, it's two paragraphs.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
1. Buy Mesa stack

2. Put volume and gain on ten.

3. Aim at his house. For like, 7 hours.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Quote by davrossss
Put a microphone in the bikes muffler....that'll shut him up

Or put it in your neighbours mouth.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
mow your lawn and see if he complains. If he does, **** him in the ass.

it's satisfying.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Quote by bry0n
you can build and extension on your house without asking neighbors for approval? We renovated my backyard and had to get 3/4 signatures.

And I think you are in the right here. A few minutes won't get you in shit trouble (unless it makes people deaf). Also, if he does call the police, ask them if he's allowed to build that extension without asking for you approval.

dude, it's two paragraphs.

nah over here you don't need residents approval, you go to the council and they say whether its okay or not, (although everyone is amazed that he got permission to do it because it is quite a serious breach of privacy overlooking our house etc), but considering how close proximity we are to each other, our house goes right to the boundary, and now so does his, it would have been cool for him to say, hey i'm building this ****ing huge extenstion on my house, do you mind? we'd have been cool with it if he wasn't being such a bastard lately, its more the principle, you know, building work going on for 3 months pretty much in my back garden, but me making 5 minutes of noise is taking the piss apparently :/
Quote by MastaBassist10
Bloke is very right. Gooooo Bloke!

next time he comes over blip the throttle everytime he tries to say something, then when he starts ranting give it full revs and mouth 'I CANT HEAR YOU'
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Quote by TheLifeguard
1. Buy Mesa stack

2. Put volume and gain on ten.

3. Aim at his house. For like, 7 hours.

This, but just let it feedback for 7 hours.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Quote by bry0n
mow your lawn and see if he complains. If he does, **** him in the ass.

it's satisfying.

Hmm if thats the way you go about your daily buisness, its no wonder that your post's have aids

Quote by Shaggy_420
^
very nice

- ಠ_ಠ -

Thug aim Say it really quickly
Quote by thenextkirk92
This, but just let it feedback for 7 hours.

Only 7 hours?
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
You said it's an OEM can which means it will be to the dB(a) regulations of the time of the bike, which means it should be legal. If I was your neighbour I would only be annoyed if you were revving it for a long time. Say more than 15 minutes. It would be annoying. However just starting her up and letting her warm through, there's nothing wrong with that!

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

there are laws against noise vilations, however I doubt you would get in trouble for something like that unless the bike has a bad muffler or something and is making excessive noise, or you where doing this between like 9 PM and 8 AM.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Run Erratic
next time he comes over blip the throttle everytime he tries to say something, then when he starts ranting give it full revs and mouth 'I CANT HEAR YOU'

This. Simple, yet oh so classy.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Run Erratic

Stick your tongue out, too.
Quote by denfilade

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Quote by Run Erratic

Mouth "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am".
i need to scan this letter the neighbors wrote next door to our practice house. it's hilarious.

what's better is the voicemail the wife left in which she all but accuses us of killing our mutual neighbor's elderly father.
#DTWD
One of my neighbors lied to the police and got my flat raided.

She still complains about everything.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
One of my neighbors lied to the police and got my flat raided.

She still complains about everything.

and that's what assassination is for.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by thenextkirk92
Mouth "I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am".

This deserves a Lolstack, but i'm way to lazy to make one.
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee

Oh come on.
I'll get you started:
Quote by metalbaswee

As am I

So a half a lolstack then

Edit: With the above post we only need one more Lol for the stack

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
+1 =

Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by metalbaswee
+1 =

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!eleven
Quote by thenextkirk92
MY LIFE IS COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!eleven

So, I can kill you now?
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
uhh i have a neighbour (over the road mind you) that keeps bitching about music at 3pm.

one night at 9pm she decided to come over and tell me to turn my music down (which by the way you couldn't hear from the other side of the house) and was telling me that some how it was making her house vibrate when i'm sitting right next to my sub and i can't even feel the floor vibrate.

man i hate neighbours. the bitch even had the hide to go around too all of my neighbours to try and get them to complain about us (cause i have my band here which only practices during the day and it's not like it's all day every day) Funny thing is all of our other neighbours tell us to play louder
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by Run Erratic

Top Gun much? Because that scene ended a little differently than I guess the OP would like :P
Quote by metalbaswee
So, I can kill you now?

Wait, I'm missing the infamous LOL Slope.
Quote by thenextkirk92
Wait, I'm missing the infamous LOL Slope.

LOL Slope?
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
Quote by Voldragon
Top Gun much? Because that scene ended a little differently than I guess the OP would like :P

i wouldnt know cos ive never actually seen top gun!

wow, ive never actually thought about that until now!

..i've never seen top gun! That seems so wrong!!
RIP Turnip. RIP MCA.
RIP #58.
Quote by thenextkirk92

Lol"Slope"

This Thing^

Looks more like a LolRightAngleTriangle to me...

Edit: I've never seen Top Gun either

Quote by DeadlyIllness

[that guy again] gets the drum Solo and Title King of the UG.

*Drum Solo*

Steam: yintonyinton
PSN: yintonyinton
My neighbour used to put what looked like rat poison in sausages and throw them over the fence into our garden because our dog barked sometimes.
Lol, I get woken up almost every morning (which is about 1 'o clock pm) by the neighbours' shitty RnB music. If it really anoys me, I put my amp up against the wall, set it to 11 and play a little deathcore.
They aint got shit on me
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Here you go

So.. can i kill you now?
Quote by MightyAl

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
If I were you I would just throw a massive rant back at him about how he's invading your privacy and how there's constant noise from his renovation. Hopefully he'll get so mad that he throws the first punch and you can beat the shit out of him.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by Will-kun
Lol, I get woken up almost every morning (which is about 1 'o clock pm) by the neighbours' shitty RnB music. If it really anoys me, I put my amp up against the wall, set it to 11 and play a little deathcore.
They aint got shit on me

SO KVLT!!
Page 1 of 2