anyone any thoughts on how many trem springs to use on my strat and also which hooks to attach to?
What tuning and string gauge? Personally I always go with 3 springs in the top middle and bottom all parallel. I know some people form an arrow pointing to the trem claw but it's all preference.
It's preference. SRV had 5 IIRC, while people like Jeff Beck probably have less.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
What string gauge, tuning, and how often do you use the trem? Most people go with three, parallel or the two springs on the outside going towards the middle (David Gilmour does this). I've always wanted to try five as i'm not a big user of the trem, anyone on here do this?
Quote by AntiG3
It's preference. SRV had 5 IIRC, while people like Jeff Beck probably have less.

Jeff Beck uses 3, and has his trem set quite highly tilted off the body to allow a wide range of upward pitch bending.. which is unusual.

SRV would probably have had to have had 5 springs because of the gauge of strings he used.

I personally use all 5 springs and 11-48 gauge strings because i find this makes the trem a lot more stable, tuning-wise. The strat is one of those guitars you've just gotta experiment with to get the best out of it. I recommend this book to anyone who owns a strat:

unfortunately i think it's currently only available in the UK.. unless you get it shipped.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
For me, it's however many I need to get the trem flat against the guitar body with a set of .11s.