Hello, a week ago i went to the guitar shop in order to buy a new E string, i changed my mind and bought a whole packet with all strings, i have never changed the basstrings on the guitar and thought it would be good to change all strings at once. So i did. But when i tuned up the guitar and everything was at its place, i tried to play but when i push a string down to any fret it touches the one after. I thought it was the bridge settings first but apparently nothing changed, then today i tried to adjust the neck and nothing really changed.

Can someone tell me what to do?
//Flingz
Did you buy different gauge strings?
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Quote by SGburnsRED
Did you buy different gauge strings?

This.
And you shouldn't be playing around with your neck unless you know what you're doing.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Bet your new strings are a lighter gauge. You should have raised the action but fiddling with the neck may have put it all out.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

what type of guitar.

lets check the action, make sure the bridge is balanced, then we can measure the neck's relief...

^because like said, took all the strings off and maybe moved in gauge.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
what type of guitar.

lets check the action, make sure the bridge is balanced, then we can measure the neck's relief...

^because like said, took all the strings off and maybe moved in gauge.

Its a les paul copy, a cheap one.
The bridge is set from 0 on both sides. How many turns should i adjust the screws for the height of the bridge?
Quote by Flingz
Its a les paul copy, a cheap one.
The bridge is set from 0 on both sides. How many turns should i adjust the screws for the height of the bridge?

well check out the link in my sig. the green one.

in the first post you'll see a picture of a TOM bridge. you can try raising the bridge.
any small amount.

but it might also be that the neck relaxed.

so raise the bridge a bit, follow the instructions. if that doesnt help, read the neck relief section under the action section, then post back.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011