I am currently looking at getting a Laguna LE924 (Greg Howe Model) and i have majnaged to locally find one at a steal of a price the only issue is that there is about a 2 in crack by one of the volume pots, eveytyhing still functions properly, but the crack spans on each side of the pot each being about 1 inch, Is this a major problem, and if so how much would it cost to fix something like this?
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
It depends. If the crack is in the finish, then it is not a problem other than the fact that it looks bad (unless you are into worn-looking guitars). But if the crack is in the wood, then it is a problem because the pot shaft may become loose and it may be indicative of other construction problems.
The crack is only in the finish, the wood is still stable, so this shouldnt affect playability, and cosmetics are not something i really look for in a guitar
Jackson Pc-1
Line 6 Spider III HD 150

I am new to recording, any tips and suggestions are well appreciated check my profile for my original compositions.
It is hard to tell with out a photo. So I will go to the extreme at both ends. The crack is nothing but a crack in the finish if it is poly that is more then likely the case. If the finish is see through then it is a crack in the wood and the guitar will split in half if you play the magic note.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.