So, could you guys tell me which one's better: Danelectro Fish&Chips or MXR 6-Band EQ ? The price is not a problem, i would just like to know which one adds more noise and is overall better.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/danelectro_dj14_fish_n_chips.htm

Vs

http://www.thomann.de/gb/mxr_m_109_6bandeq.htm

There already was a thread about this, but it turned into a flamewar.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

The dano is better for a budget but if budget isn't an issue get the mxr, better built. However why not go for the 10 band?
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
unless u go for the 10 band the fishnchips sounds very good. It's way cheaper, just dont jump on it. Get it
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
I don't know about the 10 band one. 6 is already enough for me, I think 10 bands migh get a bit too confusing...

// does anyone have MXR 6 band EQ. I can find alot information about Fishnchips but there isn't much about MXR. Is it noisy ?

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by loxer
I don't know about the 10 band one. 6 is already enough for me, I think 10 bands migh get a bit too confusing...

// does anyone have MXR 6 band EQ. I can find alot information about Fishnchips but there isn't much about MXR. Is it noisy ?

I have a 10 band and while it seems confusingits not so much, you just need to have some knowledge of applying EQ to get the tones you want. Just think of the 3 on the far left as bass, the next 2 as lower mids, the following 2 as upper mids and the last 3 as treble.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I have the dano fish n chips and it works great and doesn't add any noise. You can't go wrong for $30
Truly if budget isn't an issue than no doubt go with one of the MXR's. I've heard good things about the Fish 'n Chips but I have the 10 Band and the quality is superb.

I would personally recommend the 10 Band as opposed to the 6, you get gain and volume controls which are very useful, and it isn't any more "confusing" than the 6 Band. It's all about listening to your tone, and judging what you need to do to it. Than adjust and do it again. Really just tweaking with it is all it is.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE