I just got my agile AL-2800 baritone in the mail. Its great looking but when I went to tune it up I saw it was tuned ~1/2 step below E standard rather than baritone B standard. IIRC you shouldn't even be able to tune a baritone that high without the strings breaking or something. So I tuned it down and while drop B was bearable anything lower was impossible, which was the whole point of getting a baritone.

Really confused at this point i grabbed a tape measure to measure the scale length, nut to bridge. It was somewhere around 25-25 1/2", not the 27" it was supposed to be. I then measured the fret distance, nut to first fret, and found it to be the same as on my 24.75" schecter. It should have been slightly bigger. Finally I measured the overall length and it was ~40", 2.5" short.

The only conclusion I could come to is that I got the non baritone version of the guitar which is almost identical. I emailed the guy from rondo, Kurt(?), but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. Any thoughts?

EDIT: going back I see the case it came in is not the same shape as the one I ordered, its form fitted not rectangular. Also the guitar came with a scratch plate when it wasn't supposed to.
Last edited by robertito696 at Jan 3, 2010,
To be fair, there is a great deal of "feel" difference between the two scale lengths. Plus physically the neck should be a great deal longer than your Schecter.

It does sound like a mix up in ordering, it might just be the standard 25.5" version instead.

Kurt does normally seem very responsive with customer feedback and such, and well it is a sunday afternoon, not exactly prime business hours I reckon you will get some feedback on this matter tomorrow morning

Somewhere out there some guy is trying to figure out why his new Agile has a giant neck and the heaviest strings he has ever seen. Mixups happen, especially during the holidays. Just give Kurt a chance to get into his office and take care of you.
Quote by jpnyc
Somewhere out there some guy is trying to figure out why his new Agile has a giant neck and the heaviest strings he has ever seen.

Kurt just got back to me, it was a mixup. I'm not mad or anything, I was honestly just curious what you guys thought, I didn't know they had an all black non-baritone 2800. He was really cool about it.