Page 1 of 4
to be fair an edge III is almost identical to floyd rose and i think it is under the category of derived floyd rose.

According to wikipedia's article on floyd rose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floyd_Rose

"Floyd Rose Derived In order to reduce licensing cost from Floyd Rose, some manufacturers further improve their double locking trems that, despite being double locking, are no longer considered a licensed product, but are distinct relative derived from it.
Ibanez Edge is Ibanez's Floyd Rose variant. There are 6 versions: Edge, LoPro Edge, EdgePro, EdgePro-II, Edge-III, EdgeZero."

Regardless my pet peeve ironically enough is guitars that have floyd roses on them. The one I have is horrible to take care of and I am having it blocked at the shop right now.
Mine would be the people who come to this forum asking what guitar to get, Like we know what feels good to them.
PRS Guitars feel weird to me. Like kind of like the action is a touch too high but the guitar still plays fine. Does that make sense?
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
about people who play them?

the idiots who buy 2 or 3 amazing instruments, when they can barely play. case in point, a guitarist in a pop punk band i know, owns the patrick stump gretsch, a mia telecaster, rerouted for 2 humbuckers, a jackson dk2m and a gibson sg standard, when he plays through a line6 spiderIII 75 combo and sucks absolute balls on guitar.

about the instrument in general?

floyd rose/floating tremelos

i cannot stand guitars with all this double locking nonsense, or people who fall over themselves to buy a guitar with one. i know they have uses, but i personally wouldnt want one.
Finding a good guitar and amp is a bit of a challenge, plus that feeling of regret you get after making a significant purchase.

Or maybe I'm the only person that feels that way?

EDIT: Also, not exactly a pet peeve, but I know many people who have good guitars (Gibson, Ibanez Prestige, ESP) but cheap amplifiers, when they can afford better ones. It kind of defeats the purpose. It's like buying a Ferrari when all you can do is stand in traffic.
Last edited by sashki at Jan 3, 2010,
People who have black and silver ibanez's, along with SG knockoff's.
And play them whilst wearing snakebites.

Like this dude..

...ololololololololololololol
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by Stud_Muffin
about people who play them?

the idiots who buy 2 or 3 amazing instruments, when they can barely play. case in point, a guitarist in a pop punk band i know, owns the patrick stump gretsch, a mia telecaster, rerouted for 2 humbuckers, a jackson dk2m and a gibson sg standard, when he plays through a line6 spiderIII 75 combo and sucks absolute balls on guitar.

about the instrument in general?

floyd rose/floating tremelos

i cannot stand guitars with all this double locking nonsense, or people who fall over themselves to buy a guitar with one. i know they have uses, but i personally wouldnt want one.

LOL! at your sig. Was he really talking about Hendrix?!
Quote by Vauxite
People who have black and silver ibanez's, along with SG knockoff's.
And play them whilst wearing snakebites.

Like this dude..

...ololololololololololololol

Pure win.

Not to mention turns his amp up obscenely loudly, so noone can hear anyone else but him....

Foz, you're my idol

EDIT: to modirnwarfare, yes, indeed he was

DOUBLE EDIT: foz, he just signed in too
Last edited by Stud_Muffin at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by Stud_Muffin
Pure win.

Not to mention turns his amp up obscenely loudly, so noone can hear anyone else but him....

Foz, you're my idol

DOUBLE EDIT: foz, he just signed in too

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I cannot stand that so many guitar companies sucker new players into buying guitars with worthless trems that kill sustain and make the guitars harder to tune. Learning to play guitar is frustrating enough as it is—nobody should have to deal with the crap bridges that come on beginner guitars. How much more practice time would new guitarists get if those designs were all pulled off the market and replaced with hardtails with locking tuners?
Anyone who's been playing for more than a year and still has zero clue how to set up their own guitar.

People who think the truss rod is some magical fret buzz eliminator.

People who complain about the "out of the box" setup on a guitar. It's akin to complaining that you had to adjust the seat in a new car to fit you.
Let's see...

Crappy pickups
awful setups
terrible quality hardware
People with expensive guitars who can't play at all
dirty fretboards
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by webwarmiller
Anyone who's been playing for more than a year and still has zero clue how to set up their own guitar.

People who think the truss rod is some magical fret buzz eliminator.

People who complain about the "out of the box" setup on a guitar. It's akin to complaining that you had to adjust the seat in a new car to fit you.

This. This. This.
Quote by Stud_Muffin

Then, that is one person who must just lay down his guitar and cry in shame..... and deserves this
Quote by sashki

EDIT: Also, not exactly a pet peeve, but I know many people who have good guitars (Gibson, Ibanez Prestige, ESP) but cheap amplifiers, when they can afford better ones. It kind of defeats the purpose. It's like buying a Ferrari when all you can do is stand in traffic.

this

It's like seeing people with top-of-the-line skis and crappy boots. (I'm a ski instructor.) Those skis will look hot and impress people, but without top-of-the-line boots, they're cannot use those great skis to their potential, not even close.

A lot of friends ask my advice when they decide they want to get into playing. Two even wanted me to go to the music store with them. I say take your available budget, spend 60% on your amp, 30% on your guitar, and 10% on misc (cords, straps, etc.) But then they blow it all on some amazing guitar and a month later buy a Micro Cube or something.

But, to be fair, it took me about 10 years to see the light
Quote by Spartan101400
People who buy 24 fret guitars and don't shred

example: Hardcore bands.

personal prefrence of scale length and feel, and it just happens to have 24 frets?

EDIT: anyways, I get annoyed when people have the wrong EQ for the style of music they play, or when they complain about how they cant get a certain tone with a guitar and blame the pick ups immediately without trying to redo their amp's EQ.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Jan 3, 2010,
The guitar players who verbally rape other guitarists for having "shitty gear". "shit gear" played well is better than amazing gear played badly
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

As already said, people who grab the most whacked-out looking guitar, plug into the biggest amp, then proceed to utter noises only comparable to Bosnian child rape during war-time.

Of course, they have to play the same riffs over and over while cranking the volume to 11

I have a friend who does this all the time, and then he gets on me when I play the same song twice on an acoustic guitar....he's a singer, not very far removed from Axl Rose.
What really annoys me is people who think that the right to own nice/expensive equipment is based on playing skill alone. There are alot of players out there who only string chords together, yet have amazing quality guitars and amplifiers. If they've worked hard to get the money for that equipment and are quite ibviously enjoying the equipment they own then hats off to them, they deserve it.

If you were given a guitar based on your level of competence than beginners would get terrible guitars, stop playing and wouldn't progress.

I do however believe that Beginners who spend thousands on new gear have a screw loose. Thousands on well priced used gear is fine as it will hold it's residual value, but new gear on the premis that they are going to stick at guitar is silly.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Nothing bothers me hugely about the electric guitar itself. What does bother me are electric guitar players. Well, and acoustic guitar players too, and bass players. And singers. They're all twats. Drummers can be okay but they tend to be rather thick and can be just as obnoxious as the rest of them at times. Keyboard players are alright but usually rather dull.

Jazz players, they're pretentious twats.
Blues players, they're reptitive twats.
Metal players, they're repetitive twats.
Rock players, they're uninspired twats.
Punk players, they're obnoxious twats.
Country players, they're dumb twats.
Fusion players, they're pretentious and obnoxious twats.
Anyone who plays anything which they claim starts with 'post-', they're pretentious twats.
Prog rockers, they're vapid twats.

Basically all musicians are socially functionally retarded cunts with entitlement and immortality complexes with an undeserved sense of self-importance. The pricks.

edit: I forgot one. Indie players. Or at leats they claim it's indie, except it's actually not indie at all. They're the worst. They're sub-human cunts.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jan 3, 2010,
My biggest pet peeve about the electric guitar is when my guitars crap on the rug instead of on the newspapers like they've been taught.

Seriously, isn't this a pointless rant thread?
Quote by FatalGear41
My biggest pet peeve about the electric guitar is when my guitars crap on the rug instead of on the newspapers like they've been taught.

Seriously, isn't this a pointless rant thread?

I'm English. Although i try not fit the stereotype, i do like a good moan.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Quote by Vauxite
^ The irony.
It would only be ironic if I had ever claimed to not be a twat, which I haven't. So it's not ironic.

That's another thing. People who use 'ironic' incorrectly, or all the time to justify shit stuff. My joke failed? Oh I meant it to, it was an ironically bad joke. This shirt doesn't look good on me? Yes I know, it's ironic.
**** you.
''Meta'' is another one. Every joke and ocmment these days has to be ''meta''. No. **** off.
'Literally', that's another word nobody uses correctly. When I say 'nobody uses it correctly', I do not mean that literally; some people do sometimes use it correctly, only the majority don't. See how easy that was?

"Could care less", there's another thing. Get it into your thick heads America, if you "could care less" about something that means you do care about it. it does not meant that you don't care about it. If you don't care about something then that means you "couldn't care less."

"Everything is subject to opinion" people, they piss me off too. You think EMG active pickups used through a Fender Frontman and a Boss DS-1 makes the best metal tone known to mankind? No, **** off, it does not. It just doesn't. It's not something that is open to discussion or opinion. There are some things which are just outright wrong from the get-go.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jan 3, 2010,
I think Flibble needs to see a therapist. or at least anger management.

You know I don't mean it Flib, just all in good fun.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by MrFlibble
It would only be ironic if I had ever claimed to not be a twat, which I haven't. So it's not ironic.

That's another thing. People who use 'ironic' incorrectly, or all the time to justify shit stuff. My joke failed? Oh I meant it to, it was an ironically bad joke. This shirt doesn't look good on me? Yes I know, it's ironic.
**** you.
''Meta'' is another one. Every joke and ocmment these days has to be ''meta''. No. **** off.

Har-har-har.
I laugh at you.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
i hate how the electric is so senstive
i was used to acoustic for about 5 months and then picked up an electric and i have to be muting every single string i dont want played
with acoustic there are no pickups to pick up every string

obvious isnt it?
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
Quote by Shaggy_420
i hate how the electric is so senstive
i was used to acoustic for about 5 months and then picked up an electric and i have to be muting every single string i dont want played
with acoustic there are no pickups to pick up every string

obvious isnt it?

You have to have good technique to make an electric guitar sound good? Yeah, I hate that too.
MrFlibble: Enough.

I personally dislike floyd roses, very awkard to set-up, and I don't care how many times you've done it, it's still a royal pain in the arse.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
shred guitars that are trying to look so hard they dont even look cool. like warlocks. or 100% plastic/acrylic guitars. why?

oh and lack of care, like rusted pickup poles? why let it get that way?

or people with a guitar so nice i will never afford it and barely knowing basic functions of it (they can shred, but just arent technical and dont take time to learn the complete workings of thier gear)
Quote by Daniel8488
MrFlibble: Enough.
Being a smarmy smug holemonkey isn't very becoming. Oh no, an eye-rolling emote.

See, that is why musicians are all pricks, especially ones who play guitar in any form.
Quote by MrFlibble
Being a smarmy smug holemonkey isn't very becoming. Oh no, an eye-rolling emote.

See, that is why musicians are all pricks, especially ones who play guitar in any form.

"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

Quote by MrFlibble

I...love you
Quote by MrFlibble

/thread
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Guitarists who think they are better than everyone else and know more than anyone else, who are closed-minded, and who have a constant "I hate the world and the world hates me" bad attitude. (*cough* MrFlibble *cough*)

But back to the subject at hand, I hate discovering things to late (i bought a Marshall MG, end of story) and people who saturate thier effects loop with reverb and delay and then play some crappy scale and people think they are amazing. Oh and +1 to the guy who said acoustic guitars without cutaways. I don't see the point in that either. Also, Ibanez. I don't know why, but i just don't like them. The look, the general sound that people who play them have/yearn to have, and the feel of them. I guess they just are not for me. I also hate it when people say that something overpriced just because it doesn't suit them. I don't like Ibanez, but i would never claim they are overpriced. They are generally quiality instruments from what iI have seen, they jsut don't suit me. Oh, and finally, when people patronize someone that is new to somethign instead of helping them. If you just call someone stupid without trying to help, then they aren't going to understand it any faster.
Last edited by Blktiger0 at Jan 3, 2010,
Page 1 of 4