hi, i was thinking about, whats the best, im about to buy a Randall KH-120,
and a ESP LTD DJ600, and i have a George Lynch Morley Wah, and i playing mostly metal and rock, and for the metal i was thinking about buying a MXR Fullbore Metal, or a Metal Muff, but i don't know which one, and then i would like some advice about other equipment that could be useful?

Gear Now:
Epiphone SG Prophecy EMG 81/85
Gibson Les Paul BFG, P90 and Burstbucker (i love this one, but i need a noise gate for it)
Roland Cube 60Watt
Boss DS-1
Morley George Lynch Wah
It's probably not necessary to buy a pedal with this amp, for it has enough gain. I'd save up or look for used tube amps, though, but that's just me. I don't like solid state Randalls. If you like it, go for it. And if you want to buy a pedal, I'd take the Fullbore Metal, I think it sounds better.
If I'm honest your Cube's tone is probably better than the Randall's. I'd go with DarkValo - look for a used tube amp
Can you answer these questions?

Budget?
Genres/ bands you wanna sound like?
New/used?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Don't get signature amps unless they're used. Really. There's almost always better amps for the price. Also, a high gain tube amp's distortion is almost always going to be better than that of a pedal. What many people do is they get a high gain tube amp, and also have a light overdrive or a graphic EQ to tighten up the bottom end a little bit, and maybe scoop the mids. In light of that, the Fullbore and the Metal Muff are bad choices, even if there are way better metal pedals out there anyways.

Anyways, we need to know your budget, if you are gigging, who you want to sound like, if you can go used, and where your nearest major city is if in the US.

Based on the price of the KH120 + Speakers, I'm guessing you have about $900 for the amp, and about $100 for the pedal based on the ones you were looking at. I'm also guessing you play Metallica and other Thrash Metal. Are clean tones important to you as well as heavy tones? If not, look into a used Peavey 5150/6505/6505+. Those are great high gain amps, but don't have excellent clean tones. If you do want cleans, look into a Bugera 333XL, Used Peavey Triple XXX, Used Peavey JSX, or a Bugera 6262/6260, all with an Avatar/Vader/Marshall cabinet.

For the pedal, get a used Ibanez TS9 and have it modded by Robert Keeley, Monte Allums, or Analog.Man. That, or an MXR M-108 Graphic EQ. There are other options, but these are by far the best.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by Major Sparky
Can you answer these questions?

Budget?
Genres/ bands you wanna sound like?
New/used?

i have enough money, but not enough for the amp i want, and i wont get before in long time.
im in to metal, like Metallica, Trivium, Tankcsapda, BLS, GnR, and so on, a little bit mixed, but i have been down at my local store to try the amp, and i likeed it's clean tone, plus the gain channel and the i found another guitar, ESP LTD EX-401DX.
and it's new.
the problems is, im from Denmark, i have some problems gegtting things from anywhere else than the local musicstore, cause my parents are a pain in the ass sometimes, and the amp im in love with is a Mesa Boogie Mark V, and here in Denmark, thats a little bit over 4000$ if i calculate it from Dkr, to US$, so theres a long time before i have the money for that :/

Sorry for the crappy english :P
Last edited by PlayFastOrSuck at Jan 3, 2010,
how with a Bugera 6262 top, from new, and a Marshall AVT412a cabinet? would that work properly? or will it screw it up? or a Mesa Stiletto 4x12 cabinet?
Quote by PlayFastOrSuck
how with a Bugera 6262 top, from new, and a Marshall AVT412a cabinet? would that work properly? or will it screw it up? or a Mesa Stiletto 4x12 cabinet?

The Mesa Stiletto Cabinets are excellent, as are all Mesa Cabinets. Just be sure to match the impedance of the cabinet to the impedance of the head. If I'm not mistaken, the head can also be less than the cabinet, but not more. Someone should confirm this before you go ahead and buy/hook up a cab though.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
is there any else amps that you think i might be able to buy? i think i have about 1100-1300$ available for an amp, and about the same for a guitar
Peavey 6505+ would be a great choice for fullbore metal.
Has OK cleans too, but if you want something heavy but a little more versatile, get a JSX.
and about a new guitar? i need one with some sort of trem like FR, where the strings are locked in both ends and it has to be good quality, i need something that won't break the strings.
and about a new guitar? i need one with some sort of trem like FR, where the strings are locked in both ends and it has to be good quality, i need something that won't break the strings.
yea, but i really want a guitar with the floyd rose, and some good quality active pick-ups, cause i like the pick-ups on my SG, and i tried some blackouts, my friend got it installed in he's Les Paul and i found out that i prefer EMG's to Blackout.