On New Year's first hours, I was at a friend's house. As we were sitting round the poker table, my copy of Absolution was playing on the speakers.
I don't know how, but one of my friends (who listen to generic rock mostly-HIM, Marilyn Manson, Metallica etc) said that NICKELBACK were actually GOOD.
As Butterflies and Hurricanes flew round the room, I told him that they were shit.

He retaliated and said that they were better than what he was listening ATM.
The more I talked, the more stubborn he became.
I lost all the musical respect I had in him.
Last night, my parents and sister were watching Hannah Montana.
As any sane man, I mocked and laughed at her futile attempts to sing and write songs (if that's what they called).
They told me it was better than the screaming nonsense I listen to and that I was single minded.
I listen from Nile and Opeth to Muse and Radiohead.

Pit, I'm feeling alone. It's like I'm insane and there's hardly any person to relate to now.
Anyone out there like me?
No wai man, u t0t4lly m0re Br00t4lz thn tht f4g olol
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
since when is marilyn manson 'generic'?

also, yes, you are being narrow minded. First off, that hannah chick CAN sing. The songs suck (IMO<--never forget that), but her voice is fine. and you can't argue someone can't sing if you only listen to screaming/growling (which I know you don't, i'm just saying)

My advice: don't get into arguments about who's "better" because personal choices are annoying as shit.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Haha, same boat as you man, New Years Eve, in the hours leading up to 2010 I was being subjected to Dizzie Rascal (who I can just about tolerate) and Ne-Yo.

But it all ended well, as I put on a bit of "Final Countdown" as the year was in its final seconds.
How is Hannah Montana not singing? And besides, no wonder your friend was stubborn if you just said Nickelback were shit. Just keep your opinions to yourself unless your specifically asked them. That's the only way to get along about music.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Miley Cyrus can probably write better songs than you TS, and no I'm not joking.

Learn to respect other types of music and take whatever you've got rammed up your arse out of there stop being just an elitist prick.

EDIT:

Quote by ingames
I listen from Nile and Opeth to Muse and Radiohead.

Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Last edited by cam_sampbell at Jan 3, 2010,
Yeah, I sometimes do feel like people are elitists far too often and make threads identical to this all the time. Thank you, TS, for making me lose even more faith in people listening to music.
*ported*
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Did you ever stop to think that different people like different things and you're opinion is not always the correct one?

I personally like Nickelback and think that the people who don't like them ought to start respecting other peoples opinions rather than trying to argue that they're shit and that there's something wrong with them just because they like a band that you don't.

I'd like to see things from your perspective but I can not get my head that far up my own arse.
I couldn't be arsed making up a good username so I used my name and some random numbers.

Gear:
Ibanez JS1200
Yamaha APX700
Roland Cube 60
Haha elitist dick insult dicks elitist.

Eclectic´s comedy.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
No dw TS, im also an elitist asshole, personaly i love being one, trashing all the pop shit that comes on the radio.

imbrase being an asshole and you will find you become comfortable with it, i know i have
95% of the posters in this thread talking about having musical variety in one's life all voted for Metallica to be UG's band of the decade.

$50 if I'm wrong.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Yea basically, you are as narrow minded as they are

Its about enjoying music, not just appreciating its qualities or originality

Don't worry, you'll grow up
Quote by cam_sampbell
Miley Cyrus can probably write better songs than you TS, and no I'm not joking.

Learn to respect other types of music and take whatever you've got rammed up your arse out of there stop being just an elitist prick.

EDIT:

Have you heard any of the songs I wrote?
No. So shut your ****ing mouth you arrogant asshole!
People have different tastes, get over it. I like the same bands that you do, but I can manage listening to a Hannah Montana song, once in a while. on the other hand.... ghetto rap no. No point in fighting about it I've learned, anyways we all know Muse is far more talented that Nickleback re-releasing the same damn song 30 times with different lyrics.