i have an epiphone les paul and was wondering what amp for less than £90 i can get for it.

i found a marshall g30rcd for £85 ovbiously secondhand.
and a zoomfire 30 for bout £90 secondhand again.

if anyones tried any of these amps say whats good bout them
I would advise going to the Guitar Gear & Accessories forum, and asking there.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If i was you i'd save your money for a little while then buy something like a Vox Valvetronix AD30VT for around £150. The little 30w vox has a wide range of tones and effects and is loud enough for a jam with a band. You could also look at the peavy Vypyr Series.

I've played them both now and they are excellent amplifiers in their class and budget. Don't expect a Plexi or a Dumble but they are far better than the aforementioned amplifiers and are a good way to find out what tones you like, so when the time comes, you can buy a better quality amplifier tha suits you.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Have a look at the Roland Cube, as a range of different tones, quite good for practicing.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by Jak Archer
Have a look at the Rolad Cube, as a range of different tones, quite good for practicing.

I always forget the cube when reccomending beginner amps.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
The little 30w vox has a wide range of tones and effects

thanx this is pretty much what im looking for
Quote by Madsalty
I always forget the cube when reccomending beginner amps.

The Vox DA5 is not too bad either. I keep mind at my GF's house to I don't have to lug the HRD with me. I have also owned a Microcube, in fact it was my first amp I bought. I like it, as well. Having owned both, I would choose the Vox.
Fender 60th Anniv MIM Strat (SD Little 59er Br)
Agile AL-2000 Rootbeer Flame (GFS Vtg '59)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
GFS Chorus
DS-1
why do people keep asking about amps that 'go good with x guitar?' ? do people really think that the amp they play has to some how match their guitar? maybe you don't pair the most extreme ends of the guitar spectrums with the opposite end of the amp spectrum normally, but there is NO set rule of what amp you HAVE to use with whatever guitar you have.

that being said, it'd be nice to know what you play most the time (not general, 'i play rock, jazz and metal', we need bands with similar sounds or something along those lines) and what you dabble in here and there. though we can all agree right now that you want a better budget to get a much more satisfying amp.
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
i play stuff like red hot chilli peppers and simple hendrix stuff at least try to

and nirvanna

kings of leon..
metallica
thin lizzy ..yanno
Last edited by Mitchalanjones at Jan 6, 2010,
Hi,

fender frontman rocks. its cheap and gets the job done. i played guitar for two years and thats the only amp i used. i now play bass and use Acoustic brnad amps. I would suggest that frontman or possibly a line 6 if your looking for more high tech stuff.
Quote by lambwell
Hi,

fender frontman rocks. its cheap and gets the job done. i played guitar for two years and thats the only amp i used. i now play bass and use Acoustic brnad amps. I would suggest that frontman or possibly a line 6 if your looking for more high tech stuff.

Both amps sound like shit. The Frontman and Spider are some of the worst amps ever made. TS, the Valvetronix would probably suit you best since you're not focused around higher gain tones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs