Page 3 of 44
Outside was the first song I learned too
[IMG]http://www.geocities.com/pl4yer13/SL3_Soloist_xl.jpg[/IMG]
Cool.
The first song that i learned to play... well the first real song was probably Behind Blue Eyes... gatta love that song.
Originally posted by avrilrockerchic
Staind- Outside was the first song I learned how to play

other songs are...

Mainly all Avril Lavigne songs

Smashing Pumpkins- disarm

Boxcar Racers- Letters To God

Blink 182- Whats my age again

Thats all I can think of

just wondering if you mean that you learned the"whole" songs or not...
one good song for a beginner is the intro to crazy train which is easy but sounds pretty damn good, and i learned it within like 10 minutes of buying my guitar,
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
u guys r retarted. theres no "right" or ?wrong? way 2 play a song. just as long as its the right notes. im tired of seeing all u tab readers thinking that u know how 2 play guitar. if u really knew how a guitar works, u'd know that u can make a song appear on any part of the neck; it will just be on a different string. a note is 5 frets higher on the neck from the string above it, and 5 strings lower from the string below it. 4 example, G is on the 10th fret of the A string. the same G is also on the low E string on the 15th fret, and on the G string open. So now that u know, figure out ur own way of playing a song. just as long as it?s the right notes.
Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

It's real good if u wanna learn some rythums. I think its DDUUDU but i'm not sure, i dont raelly remember
disarm by the smashing pumpkins is fairly simple and easy.sounds repetitive at times,but better than nothing.
Quote by ferretman
Sometimes I pull down my pants and play slap bass with my schlong. So I guess thats pretty important as well.
I agree about Weezer's El Scorcho, it takes some work, but the repetition is good practice. Also John Mayer or however you spell it, his songs are easy to play too.
Im new to the guitar but try metallica enter sandman
Godsmack,Metallica,AFI,Greenday,The Strokes,and other good bands
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I wrote that tab guide! BAD! :-D

I recommend Nirvana songs, so easy!!! Then when you've done that try Metallica, quite alot of their songs are pretty easy (ignoring ALL solos) and make you feel like a genious. Then get better and better. =D

Daryl
GUITAR!!!!!
i know what the x means in a tab palm mute does it mean the whole thing or just that string
^^^^ no if the x is in the tab it means you have to mute that string

EG:

5 X
5 X
3 X

you have to mute those strings (its best to mute at the last chord you played) just put your fingers slightly over the strings
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children
And no I'm not gay. I'm 100% straight.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
An easy metallica solo would be ermmmmmmmmmm I think it's the First Solo in Sanitarium? It's slow and sounds good. :-) Slayer, don't both trying until you're fast enough and they sound random most of the time so it's not that cool. :-D
GUITAR!!!!!
Originally posted by gigmaster
i just posted the right version of warning by greeenday and that is so fricken easy!!! it is 3 chords in pretty much the same sequence all the way though

Yeah, I just posted the right version of "No Pride" by Green Day, from their Insomniac album. I learned that by myself, without any sites, so one day I came on here and though to myelf "I'll go see who got it right". And whadda you know everyone else was playing it really strangely. So I submitted mine and it rests at a 5 star rating

That's a really unapprecaited song by Green Day. I cover it all the time and the crowds love it.

Right Here:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/g/green_day/no_pride_ver3_tab.htm
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Originally posted by TheVinesRule
ok lets get away from punk for a moment.

Yeah but Punk songs are really easy to play. I think these are good for beginners

1) Smells Like Teen Spirit-Nirvana
2)Come as you are-Nirvana
3) Beat On The brat- The Ramones
4) Zero-Smashing Pumpkins
5) Time Of Your Life-Green Day
Member #9 of the Nirvana Fan Club
UG Smashing Pumpkins Club Member #5
Official Ac/Dc Fan Club Member #6
#18 Member of the "Linkin Park Sucks" Club. PM Whstripesrox to join.
Originally posted by airguitarist
what about this

x
just mute that string right

yes slightly touch the string with any finger you felel comfortable with
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.
I'd do it. I think that I could stand one night with a man for the financial security of my whole life and the life of my children

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
ive been playing for over a year now and ive mastered most of the easy songs u guys have mentioned on here. I would suggest some Fuel songs though, hemmorage and falls on me are pretty easy. Another easy song is everlong.
TheVinesRule is right..dont forget about bass players..eventhough i'm playing guitar..the vines rules!!winning days is little bit 'mellow'...dont u think?
ANDREW.... can i make a suggestion? how about making a new sticky for tabs for beginners (as its seems like no-one is posting any bass tabs) then well thats got a lot of suggeestions merge the two threads together. 1, so there arent lots of stickies, and 2, ..... so the bass players dont feel left out...... much more.
Try "Hells Bells" by AC/DC, "Walkie Talkie Man" by Steriogram, "40'" or "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand. And "Chop Suey" by System of a Down is pretty easy, too. First tab I learned was "Smoke on the Water" by Purple Rain.
But you look so good it hurts sometimes
the intro of so cold by breaking benjamin is pretty easy

E
B
G
D 33 8 8 7 7
A 5 5 55 10 10 10 10 8 8
D 0 0 0 0

Sounds real nice on an acoustic, listen to the song to get the beat down
my bad, i need to learn how to write a tab on here lol, it is a real easy song though.
Blackbird by the Beatles. One of my first it is a good song to start learing to play with your fingers and very easy. Oh and it is also an awesome song.
the easiest song is 'come as you are' by nirvana
also, if you have an accoustic, a lot of ben harpers songs sound really good on there and are easy to play. the first song i learned after 'smoke on the water' was 'alone' by ben harper, and it was EXTREMELY easy. heres the site for it:
alone (accoustic)
sorry that its at a different site but this is the one i learned and i think it sounds awesum.
jbt
Any body got tabs or chords for woody Guthrie?
If you do could you email me at troutsamguthrie@aol.com
----------------------Peace!-----------------------------------------------------
sammy g
Last edited by sammy g at Nov 29, 2004,
I started out with these easy ones:
Smells like teens spirit (easy!)
smoke on the water (intros cool)
time of your life
carlifornication
stairway to heaven (solos a bit tricky)
one last breath-creed

now im doing punk rock. like sr71-right now.
yes could someone make a good tab for sr71-right now? i like its solo lol.
excuse me, i g0t 4 questi0ns c0z i'm a n00b,any help will be greatly appreciated:

1.h0w d0 i bend?

2.h0w ab0ut the bend and release?

3.is `s`[slide] similar t0 `\` and `/`?

4.h0w d0 i pull-0ff?

yeah i kn0w,its 0n the less0ns page but i still can't get it..f0rgive me f0r my stupidity...hehe thanks
i need to learn how to read tabs. i can never get it!PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
ROCK ON!!!

Rocker_chic07
Originally posted by JMayerFan9
Try "Hells Bells" by AC/DC, "Walkie Talkie Man" by Steriogram, "40'" or "Take Me Out" by Franz Ferdinand. And "Chop Suey" by System of a Down is pretty easy, too. First tab I learned was "Smoke on the Water" by Purple Rain.

i believe u mean deep purple...
Originally posted by theDreamer
excuse me, i g0t 4 questi0ns c0z i'm a n00b,any help will be greatly appreciated:

1.h0w d0 i bend?

2.h0w ab0ut the bend and release?

3.is `s`[slide] similar t0 `\` and `/`?

4.h0w d0 i pull-0ff?

yeah i kn0w,its 0n the less0ns page but i still can't get it..f0rgive me f0r my stupidity...hehe thanks

learn how to type !

anyway

1) Bending - just bend the string up/down, just push it up or pull it down

2) Bend And Release - just bend the string, then let go

3) i dont get the question

4) pull off - just pull off the string you just plucked.

go to www.cyberfret.com for better instructions
Quote by urik

Homosexual sex for $200?
Be honest.

Quote by mesa5150
spoken like a true jew
yo if ne of u guys want to know how to play time of your life (greenday) or brainstu i know them both
newbie]4[life</\>/\</\></\>
\Spel_Binder/
newbi3.FoR.lif3l<_>_<_>_]l
I've been playing guitar for almost a year now. I'm alright at rhythm and chords, but I think I'm ready for some solos. I got I Believe In A Thing Called Love off this site and tried to learn it. It was a good attempt but some of it sounded a little dodgy.
So....can anyone give me some easy to play solos for electric guitar please? My guitar's only got 22 frets so don't take me too high!
Oh.....and if it's not asking too much try and make it a classic rock song - Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Deep Purple....anything like that!

Thanks from Jordan

Ps. Can you type a link to the tab or something so I know I'm getting the right one. Thanks again!!!
With only love to light the way on the road to Judgement Day.

I'm Member #7 of the EA (Epiphones Annonymous)!!!
Oh and this is for what I just said above! I can do bends slides, pull offs etc.....So it's alright with those in!!!
With only love to light the way on the road to Judgement Day.

I'm Member #7 of the EA (Epiphones Annonymous)!!!