So I bought a new acoustic a while back, and while i was re-stringing it last night i realized my method of prying those little wedge-thingys holding the strings on the body of the guitar with a screwdriver was too primitive, violent, and harmful for a new guitar.

How do you guys pull those? Is there a certain tool or something?
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Pliers it is then i geuss. Sounds like it will work decently. Thanks guys
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Idk pliers could potentially mess up the finish with just a little slip. I'd get a string winder with a notch on the side specifically designed for such purpose.
All you have to do is push the string down into the guitar, under the bridge pin, and the pin will be loose enough that you can just pull it out with your fingers.
I want you to put on your pretty summer dress
You can wear your Easter bonnet and all the rest
And I wanna make love to you yes, yes, yes when the healing has begun
-Van the Fuckin' Man
Quote by GC Shred Off

Buy one. All of you.

I second this.....I can't beleive your all talking about pliers....i wouldn't dare.
Agreed. Thats what the slot in the string wider is for.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Ah always jess use mah ol' Bowie knife...Jus like my granpappy did!

PS--Shredoff and Dreal are right on.