http://dl.dropbox.com/u/347071/ola%20heavy2.mp3

this is 2 57s on the bottom right speaker on my mesa 4x12, and my at4040 on top right

the at4040 is stronger in the mix.

i highly advise all of you guys to go out there and mic your cabs up with condensors/dynamics whatever the hell you wana use! as long as it is in phase.
Wow, that sounds great. Thanks for the info!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Nice. Not bad sounding, a little warmer than some clips I've heard.

Try using a condenser mic live. David Gilmour (Guitar player for Pink Floyd) uses Shure KSM 32's to mic his amps for live situations. Pretty damn good sound compared to other live players I've heard.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Yeah, nine times out of ten I use condensers on my cabs. I just like the sound better than my 57, personally. Great demo, make sure to do another when your FC1 comes in!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
have you treid the senheiser md421 on a cab ,by the way how close isthe condencer to the grill
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
this man has class

whats your thoughts on using the most fragile of all mics the ribbon on a cab

try using a md421 a sm75 your condenser and a sm7b on the cab
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Last edited by hans the lefty at Jan 3, 2010,
CONDENSER CONDENSER CONDENSER

I wasn't gonna say anything but not a single one of you (save lockwolf) has spelled it properly. When I took audio production classes a few semesters ago, the professor wouldn't give you credit if you spelled 'condenser' wrong, even though it was the right answer on the quiz.

I know a lot of you are trying to run professional studios, so learn to spell the names of your equipment correctly, or you WILL lose business!

/rant

Keep up the (otherwise) good work, boys!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jan 3, 2010,
Just a warning for people - condenser mics aren't as durable as dynamic mics, and aren't designed to take such high volume levels, so keep your amp's level in check, or you could end up damaging your mic's diaphragm.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
This mix is lopsided sounding, the right guitar is louder and sounds more fizzy. What are you panning where here?
Quote by hans the lefty
this man has class

whats your thoughts on using the most fragile of all mics the ribbon on a cab

If you're careful, and use a pop-shield in between it can work very well.

One of the most astonishing Bass guitar tones i've ever heard was from a good frind of mine micing up a bass cab with a ribbon mic.
Quote by Sonny_sam
Just a warning for people - condenser mics aren't as durable as dynamic mics, and aren't designed to take such high volume levels, so keep your amp's level in check, or you could end up damaging your mic's diaphragm.

This is true, although it depends on the mic in question, pencil mics tend to hold up a bit better than large diaphragm and whatnot. But yeah condenser mics are great for guitars, though you might need an attenuator if you plan on getting classic rocks sounds out of a powerful amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm