Mmkay, so I recently re-acquired a guitar I previously owned, a Dean Cadillac Select. I was the original the second owner of the guitar and it was extremely new when I first got it. However, I noticed that there were a few small cracks in the clear where the neck was set onto the body (only on the side facing up when in playing position).

When I got it back, the cracks were perhaps even more visible than before, and the neck had a little more curve than it should've. I adjusted the truss accordingly about a week ago and noticed that it appears as though the cracks never existed. Seeing as this the only guitar with a set-net I've ever had, I'm curious as to whether this is something common? The integrity of the joint is nothing to be concerned about, correct?

Any input is appreciated.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

Last edited by Steve-Mo at Jan 3, 2010,
Got pics? You often see little cracks around the neck joint area, where its quite a tight fit and something has moved naturally a little bit causing it to crack, as long as the crack is just in the finish you've nothing to worry about.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Got pics? You often see little cracks around the neck joint area, where its quite a tight fit and something has moved naturally a little bit causing it to crack, as long as the crack is just in the finish you've nothing to worry about.

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure. It's been bothering me since I noticed it. Thank you!

Unfortunately I didn't take pics of the cracks beforehand. I doubt I could capture them with my camera anyway.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Speaking of pictures though, heres a picture of the guitar with a Artec Alinco 5 blade humbucker at the bridge. Putting gold covers on tomorrow when the post office opens, should look sexy (I hate mis-matching pickups). The humbucker is actually rather impressive, pretty hot with a nice crunchy low end. Metal players interested in cheap pickups should definitely give them a shot.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Strngely,I've always loved the look of Caddy's
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
ive always loved Cadillacs too. if they just didnt have that damn V headstock. totally ruins it for me.

On the crack thing, my Douglas had somethin like that when i got it too. and when i adjusted the truss rod a little, i noticed they dont look as bad now. and the neck seems sturdy to me so id say its nothing to worry about.
Douglas Spad with EMG 81x's
Epiphone LP jr. with EMG 89 split coil, alot of upgrades
Rig:
Power conditioner, Hush, ART Quadra/FX Reverb (all 3 in a rack), Peavey XXX, 2 Mesa 4x12 cabs.