Does anyone know if the intro/main riff of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" is fingerpicked, or not? thanx
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
I think Page has done both, I feel like it would be better fingerpicked... But I can't comment on what was used in the studio.
Freedom isn't free...

It costs like ten dollars a gram
it is, i believe. i got a dvd with a zeppelin tribute magazine of some sort and they finger pick it in the "how to video".
should really be in GT or tab talk

i used play it using fingerstyle, haven`t played it in about 8 years.....
I'd say a combination. It certainly sounds like a combination on the record and Page frequently played with the pick between his thumb & index finger while also using his middle and ring finger for plucking other notes simultaneously, like in the intro to stairway and several bits in Rain Song. But you could also play with just your fingers or even with the pick since there are no simultaneous notes except for when the dubbed parts or chords come in

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thank you all, that helps a lot
Gibson Faded Cherry Flying V
Epiphone Goldtop Les Paul
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 digital delay pedal
Electro-Harmonix Hot Tubes Real Tube Distortion pedal
What a coincidence, this is the song I'm learning right now. As far as I'm concerned it is finger picked. Actually I think that even the strummed parts of the song are played with for fingers.
Quote by shwilly
I'd say a combination. It certainly sounds like a combination on the record and Page frequently played with the pick between his thumb & index finger while also using his middle and ring finger for plucking other notes simultaneously, like in the intro to stairway and several bits in Rain Song. But you could also play with just your fingers or even with the pick since there are no simultaneous notes except for when the dubbed parts or chords come in

Yep, good observation... it's hard to tell what he actually did on the recording, but Page was prown to hybrid picking. It comes sort of naturally for him, but think it's a very useful style for people like me who don't like full on finger picking and also for doing some finger picking songs on electrics.
~JP~
Last edited by Jammy Pige at Jan 3, 2010,