Hey dudes, I have been busy working on some new shit of mine, and I just can't get the right guitar sound for one of my songs. Here the latest mix of it is -

http://www.esnips.com/doc/f7f6855a-f30b-4058-b625-e4e21f7b0e62/Inhalation-Of-Bile---Mix-1

I used Lepou's Engl amp sim with Ryan's S-Preshigh impulse and a shit load of EQ's and noise removal software.

It always sounds a bit too ****ing thin to me, but I don't know if thats just my ears of it is really is thin!

Any advice would be cool dudes Though this thread isn't about rating the song, I just need some help from you dudes on getting this to sound awesome!
sounds fine to me, tho i suppose you could try layering the guitar part for a fatter sound.
Quote by muckypup
The song was quad-tracked... My amp is a tiny piece of shit practise amp, I'd like to mic amps up as you can get much better sounds, but at the moment I don't have any money for a nice amp, so mic'ing one up is impossible!

ok. I see. I'm sorry, I dont know too much about the program you are using to be much help. I hope someone who knows what they are talking about will be more useful. best of luck
Quote by beatreebor
sounds fine to me, tho i suppose you could try layering the guitar part for a fatter sound.

This would be the first thing to do. It's not guaranteed that it will actually IMPROVE the sound, but it will certainly CHANGE it.

Try to play a second track with different sounds or EQs, it might help as well.
I actually like the tone.

But the cymbals during the interlude on the other hand...
Is there a bass track in there?
That usually adds a lot of fatness to a track.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.