So, I just got a new guitar for Christmas, and it is a knockoff of a Gibson ES 335.
The acoustics on the guitar are good, but the pickups are sort of muddy and weird sounding, which I'm assuming comes from the fact that they're cheap pickups.
So the question is, what kinds of pickups should I use for a jazz/blues sort of sound from this guitar, if it will make any difference in the sound quality from a knockoff guitar.

Thanks!
Gibson '57 Classic and Plus is my vote....the burstbuckers are popular also though.
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
It may just sound "muddy and weird" because it's a semi-hollow, they sound quite different to a solidbody - besides there's absolutely no way you can make any kind of judgement on the pickups with your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
It may just sound "muddy and weird" because it's a semi-hollow, they sound quite different to a solidbody - besides there's absolutely no way you can make any kind of judgement on the pickups with your amp.

You know, I honestly never thought of that...
I do generally play on my SG, so that's probably it.