Alright, so i'm entering this competition at www.yoyogames.com , you make a computer version of a handheld game using a program called 'Game Maker'.

The limits are that you can only use the arrow keys and one keyboard button (as is the limitation of generic handheld games)

So here's what i'm asking...

I decided i'm going to make the game a poorly translated Japanese game. I already found a Japanese symbol dictionary online, but i'm curious how i should go about this.

Here's an example:

The game is basically going to be you controlling a bear moving up and down, and he throws various weapons at like clowns or something that are hurdling at him from the right side of the screen.

So i'm going to call the game 'A Fun Bear Time!' with the Japanese symbols in big font above it.

Other examples:

-When you die (you'll have probably 3 lives) it will say 'Once More!'
-At the bottom of the title screen, the instructions will say 'Up/Down for Movement!' and 'Left/Right for Weapon Switch!'
-When you collect an extra life, it will say 'Another Chance!' possibly...

What other translations should i use, or if you have better ideas than the ones i posted, what are they?

Also, what should i add to the gameplay to make it just plain random? For example, some of the items being thrown at the bear could be, i dunno....maybe flowers, rocks, clown faces...it doesn't have to make sense! It just has to be fun and playable.
Yeah, uh-huh...that's what they all say.
Make the clowns throw pokeballs at him
Rush Rocks

Quote by Braiton
If Beiber is our generation's Cobain I can't see how that is a bad thing.
Just make sure the shotgun is loaded.
Ha! Well i forgot to mention that i'm trying to make the graphics very simple and monochromatic. I'm going to make it look as pixelized as possible.
Make the bear a person, therefor it can be disguised as a bear, but its really a person. Got it?
Make it a manbearpig or maybe a half man half bearpig.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Dude when you get an extra life it should go like: 'BONUS LIFE GO POWER!' and flash all over the screen and stuff.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
A fellow GM'er! Although it's been ages since I was active there.

Main Menu:

Forward Play! (Start game)
Abandon Play! (Quit game)
Play Adjustments! (Options)
🙈 🙉 🙊
I just saw the post about Competition05 and thought about entering, but I didn't like the sound of the rules. They seemed like they would stifle my creativity. And I haven't been very active on Yoyo games recently.

But I think that sounds like a great idea. You need to make it hilarious, and cleverly mock bad translations. the items being thrown need to be random and mundane. Like a microwave.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Quote by entity0009
A fellow GM'er! Although it's been ages since I was active there.

Main Menu:

Forward Play! (Start game)
Abandon Play! (Quit game)
Play Adjustments! (Options)

Haha! I love it. I may use the forward/abandon idea....

Oh, and even though you don't use it anymore, that's awesome that you did.

Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
This bear should throw walruses. Or even better, walruses wearing revealing lingerie.

Words cannot describe how awesome that would be.