Page 1 of 3
So this cycle is coming to an end. The deadline for equal consideration is the 15th of January so I guess that most of you have already applied and that many of you have replies.

First off, to those who don't know what I'm talking about: UCAS is the program used in the UK for applying to Unis.

Well then UGers, where have you applied? When did you apply? For which course have you applied? Which replies have you had?

Discuss anything to do with UCAS and UK Unis here. You can talk about anything from predicted grades to the weather at your Uni's town.

Hopefully current students will be able to help applicants out.

A few rules/suggestions:

- Don't criticize people's choices.
- No Rival discussions (like Oxford vs. Cambridge)
- No Spam
- Do not post your PS (personal statement) or Reference here as it could be risky (UCAS has a plagiarism checker).

Here is my where I replied and what replies I have had:

Oxford (Christ Church) - History and politics: Rejection (I messed up the Exam)
St. Andrews - International Relations and History: Rejection (My PS didn't match the course)
Edinburgh - History and politics: Pending decision
York - History and politics: Offer
Glasgow: History and politics: Offer
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, thats what i say.

UG's Best 10 er!
Last edited by Capiche at Jan 3, 2010,
-Reserved for further Info concerning UCAS-

UG's Best 10 er!
None of you bastards best come and irritate me in Sheffield.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by Ed Hunter
None of you bastards best come and irritate me in Sheffield.

Or UWE.

I might apply to Essex actually. Not through UCAS though. I don't think you apply for postgrad through UCAS.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Or UWE.

I might apply to Essex actually. Not through UCAS though. I don't think you apply for postgrad through UCAS.

I'll let you come and irritate me at Sheffield. Would it help if I mentioned that we have, as voted, the best pub in Britain for several years running?

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
I'll let you come and irritate me at Sheffield. Would it help if I mentioned that we have, as voted, the best pub in Britain for several years running?

They're not even worth looking at if they don't serve thatcher's gold on tap
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
They're not even worth looking at if they don't serve thatcher's gold on tap

That's where you're wrong Missy! There's a pub that has some of the oddest, yet best cider I've ever tasted there. There's also several pubs that have cherry beer that actually tastes like cherry on tap. And, into the bargain, there's my awesome company to be had too. I say that, you'd get there and I'd probably never, ever bump into you.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
That's where you're wrong Missy! There's a pub that has some of the oddest, yet best cider I've ever tasted there. There's also several pubs that have cherry beer that actually tastes like cherry on tap. And, into the bargain, there's my awesome company to be had too. I say that, you'd get there and I'd probably never, ever bump into you.

Oddly enough Sheffield is one of only two institutions in the country that teach computational linguistics at a postgrad level so maybe I would bump into you at some point
Quote by Ed Hunter

I think you'll find Bristol has the Best cider pub in the UK, so I'd suggest you just leave...
http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=308667
Quote by szekelymihai
Already? that's a surprise
anyway, good luck with you studies, Mr Capisci !

Haha. My goal is to be the best 10er. I want to fight off all the bad rep that 10ers have been given

Quote by blynd_snyper
Good choice on Glasgow TS. I can't say how it is for History and Politics (though I know a 3rd year Politics student who seems to enjoy it) but it's a brilliant place to live. Choose Glasgow!

I currently prefer it to York but I shall only make my choice once I've seen both unis (or all 3 if Edinburgh make me an offer) on the open days.

UG's Best 10 er!
hahahahahaha
im such a nerd

i went for computer games programming

Coventry Uni offer :
Anglia Ruskin uni offer
Sheffield Hallam offer
Leeds Met offer
Middlesex offer

one of my friends still hasnt applied, wrote a persobal statement or even decided where he wants to go
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Oddly enough Sheffield is one of only two institutions in the country that teach computational linguistics at a postgrad level so maybe I would bump into you at some point

I'll see you in the autumn, you mush!

Quote by uk.mace
I think you'll find Bristol has the Best cider pub in the UK, so I'd suggest you just leave...
http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=308667

The Kelham Island Tavern is still better overall. I say that, the Wellington and the Fat Cat are better than the Kelham Island Tavern. Also, cider makes me wee far too frequently so THERE!

http://www.camra.org.uk/page.aspx?o=295822 Proof, sir.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Last edited by Ed Hunter at Jan 3, 2010,
I'll be doing all this next year when I have to apply for university. I've scouted around a bit now though to find places that interest me, and plymouth is looking awesome, both the student accomodation and the Business Studies course I want. Portsmouth and Hull also have quite similar courses to the one I want.

Just to avoid this being spam of me explaining my plans for next year, I'll add something: Good luck, hope you guys get into wherever you want to go.
Quote by AdamDK
I'll be doing all this next year when I have to apply for university. I've scouted around a bit now though to find places that interest me, and plymouth is looking awesome, both the student accomodation and the Business Studies course I want. Portsmouth and Hull also have quite similar courses to the one I want.

Just to avoid this being spam of me explaining my plans for next year, I'll add something: Good luck, hope you guys get into wherever you want to go.

I walked around Plymouth once. It was like Dawn of the Dead only with west country accents. 'Nuff said, son.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by OhNoItsHimAgain
hahahahahaha
im such a nerd

i went for computer games programming

Coventry Uni offer :
Anglia Ruskin uni offer
Sheffield Hallam offer
Leeds Met offer
Middlesex offer

one of my friends still hasnt applied, wrote a persobal statement or even decided where he wants to go

He's kind of dead then.

12 days is not a lot of time.

UG's Best 10 er!
Quote by AdamDK

That wouldn'T have been spam at all.

Anything to do with UK Unis is good...

UG's Best 10 er!
Quote by Ed Hunter
I walked around Plymouth once. It was like Dawn of the Dead only with west country accents. 'Nuff said, son.

I've never been down there, but the pictures of the uni campus, accomodation and surrounding areas seem decent enough. I've never saw Dawn of the dead, but have saw Shaun of the Dead, so basing it on that rather than Dawn of the Dead, if they have a pub as good as the Winchester, it'll be epic.

Edit: Ah well, if it ain't spam then alls good.
Last edited by AdamDK at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by AdamDK
I've never been down there, but the pictures of the uni campus, accomodation and surrounding areas seem decent enough. I've never saw Dawn of the dead, but have saw Shaun of the Dead, so basing it on that rather than Dawn of the Dead, if they have a pub as good as the Winchester, it'll be epic.

Edit: Ah well, if it ain't spam then alls good.

I doubt it, most southern beer is no better than piss.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Applied to study Chemistry, 4 Year M Chem

Sussex : ABB
Surrey: ABB
Sheffield: BBB
East Anglia: was ABB but lowered it to BBB
Nottingham: need my last interview with them then I'll get the offer

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Ed Hunter
I doubt it, most southern beer is no better than piss.

Ah man that sucks

I'll find some resolution for it
Haven't applied yet >_>.

I'm having problems getting a reference, seeing as my secondary education was in Spain, I don't have any teachers with a good enough level of Enlgish to write me a reference.

I'm not in a rush to go to university though, if I don't get it in time this year I'm not bothered.

I've got everything else written up and ready though, and the universities I'm hoping to apply to aren't the elite of the elite, so with the decent grades I have I might still stand a chance. Not too fussed though
🙈 🙉 🙊
Birmingham-Ancient and Medieval History-Offer
Birmingham-Ancient History-Offer
Leicester-Ancient History-Offer
Liverpool-Ancient History-Offer
Cardiff-Ancient and Medieval History-Offer.

Going for Birmingham A&M and Leicester. ABB and BBB respectively. I got BBE in my A Levels last year, resitting 2 history and my music so hoping to get ABC atleast.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by entity0009
Haven't applied yet >_>.

I'm having problems getting a reference, seeing as my secondary education was in Spain, I don't have any teachers with a good enough level of Enlgish to write me a reference.

I'm not in a rush to go to university though, if I don't get it in time this year I'm not bothered.

I've got everything else written up and ready though, and the universities I'm hoping to apply to aren't the elite of the elite, so with the decent grades I have I might still stand a chance. Not too fussed though

Could you not get the references off them in Spanish, and translate it to English, then hand the original and translated in and have them double-check the translation to make sure everything fits?
Quote by Capiche
Haha. My goal is to be the best 10er. I want to fight off all the bad rep that 10ers have been given

Actually all (both) 10ers that I've seen have been respectable. You guys are already ahead of the 09ers in my book, good job

I have two offers so far and the rest I haven't heard from yet. I did put mine in quite late last year though.
Quote by AdamDK
Could you not get the references off them in Spanish, and translate it to English, then hand the original and translated in and have them double-check the translation to make sure everything fits?

Apparently I'm not allowed to modify anything in the reference, including the language. I'd have to get it officially translated, which probably would mean having to pay for it and may take a while anyway.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by blynd_snyper
Also later applications are not considered as seriously, unless of course he is very qualified.

i know, i kept telling him to start writing but hes just left it. i had mine wrote and ready to send back in october annd i had to wait until the beginning of december for all my referencres to be sorted.
then again, our school babies the straight A students/oxbridge candidates and makes sure theyre all set before anyone else
ah well, at least im all set
Quote by Capiche
That wouldn'T have been spam at all.

Anything to do with UK Unis is good...

No Spanish uni?! Booooooooo! Best 10er my arse!

Can't see the logic in going straight into university myself... one day though.

I'm gunna study to be a plane-driver
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
Actually all (both) 10ers that I've seen have been respectable. You guys are already ahead of the 09ers in my book, good job

I have two offers so far and the rest I haven't heard from yet. I did put mine in quite late last year though.

Thanks

Which unis have offered you a place and fo which course(s)?

UG's Best 10 er!
All for psychology:

Leeds - Offer for AAB
Sheffield - Offer for AAB
Manchester - offer for AbB
Bristol - Pending
Edinburgh - Pending

Hope i can get the grades
Quote by Ed Hunter

Which pub is this you speak of? I'll drag some of my dirty Hallamers along for pints
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I'm still waiting for my reference to be done

I'm applying to:

Manchester
Bristol
Exeter
Lancaster
Kent

all for physics.

stratkat
I've applied for 2 unis tbh.

First Choice: Keele - Music Technology and Media, Communications and Culture.
Second Choice: Keele - Music Tech
Third Choice: Chester - Music Tech

I really like Keele...

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Quote by Cal UK
Which pub is this you speak of? I'll drag some of my dirty Hallamers along for pints

Don't you be filthing up the place! It's the Kelham Island Tavern.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Ed Hunter
Don't you be filthing up the place! It's the Kelham Island Tavern.

Ace I'm about two minutes walk from there next year. Now to get a crash course in real ale
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Page 1 of 3