im looking for a new amp for classic and hard rock i like bands like guns n roses, metallica, ac/dc, led zep, pink floyd pearl jam and so on. i really like slash's tone so the closer to that the better

i have a les paul studio for guitar. id much prefer a tube amp but cant be very loud because i live in a duplex.
your looking for a marshall then, the vintage modern tube amps and thats what slash uses so that would be alright, but a good marshall will give you any tone you like i think
Budget?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
600 is my budget, mayb more if thers something rly better for more, but it cant be like 100+ watts or anything my neighbors would go berserk
Depending on your budget, I would go with a used JCM 800. Mine sounds fine at low-volume levels.

EDIT: Whoops, that's above you budget. You MIGHT be able to find a used JCM900 combo for that.
Vox AC15
Bugera 1990
Used Marshall JCM 800 Combo
Jet City JCA20
Peavey Classic 30
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Not too loud huh?

I'd honestly say either a Vox AC4TV with an OD pedal or a Blackstar HT-5

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by crazygnr1996
im jus worried something that big would make the walls rumble our place is kinda cheap

you could always look for an attenuator, there are ones designed for combos
Quote by crazygnr1996
im jus worried something that big would make the walls rumble our place is kinda cheap

Just keep it turned down, dude. My 800 (50w) can sound pretty decent at low-volumes, and the 900s I've played sound pretty good turned down too.
Quote by britishsligean
you could always look for an attenuator, there are ones designed for combos

whats a good one, i always read that they can damage your amp and give you bad tone
what currency?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Will you be gigging?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
No one really seems to comprehend how LOUD the JCM800 is. It is WAY overpowered for use at home and TS said he wanted something not too loud, which the 800 isn't.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If TS doesn't gig I would definately get a Marshall Class 5, really great sounding amps
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
yer i dont gig as ive only been playing for 1.5 years i just want a better sounding amp. whats the marshall 5 like
Vox AC4 or the Jet City JCA20h would both be good choices. the Jet City comes in combo for 499. or head for 299 with different cabs. the head and matching 2x12 with eminence would be $600.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
cool suggestions keep them coming, couple off topic questions tho

on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfce9ERrBGY

at 4:39 slash is doing like a dive bomb sounding thing on his les paul, how is he doing that?

also how does he make this sound at 5:06, do you just gotta have a really loud marshall or seomthing?
Quote by crazygnr1996

on this video

at 4:39 slash is doing like a dive bomb sounding thing on his les paul, how is he doing that?

also how does he make this sound at 5:06, do you just gotta have a really loud marshall or seomthing?

it sounds like he does a huge bend on the lower strings
Last edited by britishsligean at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by crazygnr1996

on this video

He's bending the neck of the LP for the first one. Second one it's just a sustained note with wah.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

do u guys think the marshall + od pedal would be better or the blackstar ht-5,? what would be a good pedal to get into gnr territory.
i'm not sure if the class 5 is out in the us yet but in my opinion the class 5 suits rock better but the ht-5 is a good all rounder that's why i'm getting one
hows the Radial Tonebone Hot British ? All the vids on youtube sound amazing, would that sound good through the class 5?
The tonebone series is extremely nice IMO. It would work well with the C5, it takes to pedals quite well.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by crazygnr1996

on this video

He's just doing a neck bend at 4:39 - physically bending the neck of the guitar upwards and loosening string tension.

He does the same thing at the end of Sweet Child 'o Mine.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.