I'm in the market for a new microphone.
I'm looking for a dynamic mic that rivals the quality and durability, actually durability doesn't matter much, I'm careful with my stuff and its just a basic basement studio, but I'm looking for a dynamic mic that rivals the basic-ness and quality and reliability of an SM57, but a bit cheaper, I know these things are marked up simply because of name, but they are good for the price, but does any one make one a bit cheaper?

Thanks folks!
Buy an SM57 on eBay, the resale value is ridiculously low. You can probably snag one for like $50-70 bucks. They're not really marked up a whole ton because of the name, they're worth the $90-100 they cost new.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I have not looked at ebay yet, I probably will just order one new from MF because ebay was the same as new with shipping for that midi keyboard you(Sid McCall) suggested haha, so if I can find some of those emails with the coupons I'll just order the sm57 new, unless they have something that is just as good for cheaper
I dont want to sound like a jerk but, i cant believe you said a sm57 was marked up. 100$ is pretty much as cheap as usuable mics go and its a recording legend. Its the standard for snare drums and guitar cabs and can even be used on vocals. They could charge 500$ for it and people would still be buying it. \rant
The only other microphone that comes to mind is the audix i5, but thats the same exact price. do yourself a favor and go buy a sm57. also be careful on ebay because theres lots of phony sm57's being sold. I would go the safe route and just get it new.
buy a tbone from thomman
jackson dk2 2008
hamer xt sunburst qt
epiphone g400
peavey vk212
morley p wah
behringer pb1000
dige bm
big muff ny
behringer dc 9 comp
member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Club

£8.50/58fund for a ROCKTRON HUSH SUPER C PEDAL
Quote by MetalBass 77
I dont want to sound like a jerk but, i cant believe you said a sm57 was marked up. 100$ is pretty much as cheap as usuable mics go and its a recording legend. Its the standard for snare drums and guitar cabs and can even be used on vocals. They could charge 500$ for it and people would still be buying it. \rant
The only other microphone that comes to mind is the audix i5, but thats the same exact price. do yourself a favor and go buy a sm57. also be careful on ebay because theres lots of phony sm57's being sold. I would go the safe route and just get it new.

well good job sounding like a jerk, asshole!... no I'm kidding
I know its really as cheap as the big names go, I didn't know if there was some hidden gem out there or anything, everything is marked up to me, so I just always feel like I'm getting ripped off because a lot of companies bring in more profit than they deserve for lots of products lol anyways, \end my rant..... anyways, back on topic, that is exactly why I was skeptical of ebay, I was looking at TGP as well, from what I hear those things as you said are the standard, so no one really sells them....I may just go the MF route, but I have to find those damn coupon codes, I get nine of those emails every time I don't want to buy anything, now I'm buying something I don't have any...
my timing sucks, two days after I bought my mxl condenser for 90 dollars, it was on stupid deal of the day for 70$....
alright thanks, if anyone knows of one of those hidden gems that are good/better than SM57 and cheaper post em up, if not thanks
Quote by MetalBass 77
haha sorry bro i jsut had to rant. Trust you wont find any hidden gems. shure sm57 is the way to go. Im pissed at myself that i havent picked one up, but im prob going to order one today along with my firestudio. good luck though

no its good, I get what youre saying haha, that's kind of a shame though that htere aren't those hidden companies like when you buy a guitar or an amp, you can buy a clone that sounds better than the original company's for 1000s cheaper
Quote by eberg2
no its good, I get what youre saying haha, that's kind of a shame though that htere aren't those hidden companies like when you buy a guitar or an amp, you can buy a clone that sounds better than the original company's for 1000s cheaper

There are hidden gems in the microphone world, but I've not come across any that rival a 57.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sid McCall
Buy an SM57 on eBay, the resale value is ridiculously low. You can probably snag one for like $50-70 bucks. They're not really marked up a whole ton because of the name, they're worth the $90-100 they cost new.

be VERY careful buying one off of ebay. there are way too many fake ones floating around, and it's too hard to tell them from a real one without actually hearing it or getting your hands on it.

but to TS, $99 is dirt cheap for a good microphone these days, especially one with that kind of reputation (which is blown up 100s of times here what it normally is). besides that one, the only cheap mics i would recommend are a sm58 ($99), and a few Sennheisers ($80+)